03 f250 5.4 coolant recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to do a coolant flush on my 03 f250 and I'm looking for some advise on what brand / type of coolant to use. It currently has the motor craft gold in it but that's pretty expensive through the dealer. Im unsure about using the universal all makes all models stuff Walmart and advance auto sell. I would most likely have to order the specific coolant I need online. So does anyone have any recommendations for me? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Jschreffler81
It currently has the motor craft gold in it but that's pretty expensive through the dealer.
The Ford dealer here is much cheaper than the auto parts stores. IIRC the gold is $12.99 at Ford and $18ish for GO-5 at the parts house.

Looking online I seen gulf makes a gold coolant and I have a gulf station near me. Anyone have any experience with gulf coolant? I called Napa today and they don't stock the gold coolant they would have to order it in. Our local Napa is a tiny store with most everything on there shelves looks like it's been sitting there 15 years.

Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy
Zerex G-05 from NAPA

+2 can also get 40% off at advance with 20off50 coupon. but napa is less of a hassle.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
It currently has the motor craft gold in it but that's pretty expensive through the dealer.
The Ford dealer here is much cheaper than the auto parts stores. IIRC the gold is $12.99 at Ford and $18ish for GO-5 at the parts house.

+1 OP do you have a Ford dealer in town?

My local parts guys always would cut me a deal on fluids when i had an F150. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't cheaper at the dealer.

Originally Posted By: Chris142

And both are concentrate?

The only bummer with AAP now is that they have Zerex on sale. When their items are on sale, they are no longer eligible for additional discounts.

Currently its $17 for concentrate and $11 for 50/50.

I wish my local advance auto stocked it. I guess I could always ask them to order it in for me or just buy it online. I definitely want to stick with the gold coolant and not go to the universal stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back