03' 2.3 Ford Focus / Dash light on steadly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently, the engine dash light turned on, and is on steadily . Per manual....it indicates some issue with emissions.

Before I take it to a mechanic, is there some way (without cost) to determine what the issue could be. Vehicle has 146 K on the OD.

If there is an autozone parts store near you, they check cel codes for no cost. Its a starting place. Just reseach the codes. Do not let them start selling you parts, until you do your homework.

Some parts are ok aftermarket. Some things like egr solenoids, tps etc are better from OEM.

Last edited:
A relative told me he recently had the same issue (Engine Dash Light) on. He decided before doing any expensive work on the emissions system....he would just changes out the fuel filter.

Since that is a fairly cheap thing to do....I did it. (I had previously changed the fuel filter out about 50K ago). Low and behold it worked...and cost me very little to do. NO MORE ENGINE DASH LITE ON). Vehicle runs nice and smooth again.

You're next issue that should come up soon will be a crack in the pcv hose behind the intake manifold. I've already had to change mine out. Several hours to do so best to change valve also.

If you have a cheap reader, plug it in.
If you have a can of deodorant of other flammable aerosol, spray it around the engine and listen for changing rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back