02...too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the only two bottles of GC in the Asheboro NC store. One was 03 and one was 04. Since that is three quarts shy of an oil change (in my 2005 Frontier), I thought I would never experience the magic of the green.

Today I visited a store in a neighboring city and they have tons of the stuff! The first quart I checked was the 02 vintage and the next few were 03. I wasn't ready to buy, so I didn't pull them all down, but the top rack was full all the way to the back, hopefully with the proper "Made in Germany" brew.

I would like to have enough for at least a couple of oil changes, thus my question: is 02 too old? What about 03?

I have loads of 02 and 03 and have no qualms about using them at all...I prefer 04, but 02 and 03 are perfectly fine.

Didn't someone post that some/all of the '02 batch was a tad bit higher in Fe than the later batches? Nothing to worry about really, but if looking a UOA, you may need to factor it in.

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
Didn't someone post that some/all of the '02 batch was a tad bit higher in Fe than the later batches? Nothing to worry about really, but if looking a UOA, you may need to factor it in.

Agree

Update! Good news!

I don't have to worry about 02. I sought out another AZ and found 17 bottles of 04.

It was lurking behind 4 quarts of yellow labels. So if someone hid 17 bottles in Greensboro...sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back