- Feb 5, 2011
More data showing that (in certain situations) running oil for an extended duration is just fine. Some additional information:
- Car is never short tripped - generally I drive it for an hour on weekends so it gets plenty warm.
- OEM oil filter (it is reprehensible to run anything but on this engine!).
- Oil manufacturing date was in 2015.
- During the prior oil change I went a little over a year and the UOA was good, so I went almost 2 years (23 months, technically) on this oil.
- With this driving pattern, I suspect I could run it out 3-4 years no problem, but I likely won't do that as it seems like overkill, and who knows how well the filter media will hold up. It'd probably be fine though.