02 Honda accord v6 Throttle body Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2002 Honda accord v6 3.0 the IDE AIR CONTROL has been going / is bad.. I was able to get a great deal on a whole new Throttle body for 90$ all with Denso MAP sensor and Denso Idle Air Control and Denso TPS Sensor...

Now here is problem..

The brand on my Honda is ** IPT ** The brand on the new one is KIEHKIN.. they looks exactly the same except for 1 extra tiny small steel vacuum line at the top.. I asked a few hack techs and they said its just brand name differnce and simply cap the extra vacuum on the top... Im going to show you pictures.

Here is the one on my car

[Linked Image]

Now here is the new one and its the same other then brand and you will see the footnote of the extra vacuum. Now my car has no line on top. So will it work by capping?

[Linked Image]

So will it work? Or do I need the IPT Brand??

It might just be the difference between federal and California emissions models. The extra line just needs to be capped off
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
It might just be the difference between federal and California emissions models. The extra line just needs to be capped off
smile.gif

Thats what I have been told.. Also I have been told the KEIHIN brand is better brand then IPT....

I hope its not californai emmssion the keihin brand b/c wont that make it slower???

Just wondering if you know what brand is california emmsions rated throttle body?

And if anyone else has any input would be very nice.

thank you

Is the idle air valve on the bottom then? The pictures show a MAP sensor and a throttle position sensor.

I think unofficially that's called the "Seafoam" port🤣

As long as everything else is a proper fit, just plug it.

Yea thats wha
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Yea thats what Im going to do on my next day off.. Friday Im going to install it.

Originally Posted by mk378
Is the idle air valve on the bottom then? The pictures show a MAP sensor and a throttle position sensor.

Idle air control is on bottom... MAP is on top

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

What does that mean the seafoam port??

I did the vacuum / induction system cleaning a few time and i did via the vacuum hose from the brake booster that goes directly into the intake...

However I think your point is that the extra vacuum line is used to feed seafoam into??

here are better pics with brand names..

This is new one...

[Linked Image]

this is original on my car....

[Linked Image]

So before I take the old one off and put the new one on I hope they are the same other then that tube that Im being told to cap...

So what you guys thing???

IPT and KIEHIN the same just branding and that extra vacuum?

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

Well here you go...

I put new throttle body on and capped the extra vacuum line / seafoam vacuum line... I dont know if I had to do the re-learn procedure but the paper was in the box and explained that i must do this for the idle... So I let the car idle with no load and then let it idle for another 5 minutes.. All perfect.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I put those zip ties b/c that vacuum hose that goes to a emissions purge solenoid valve * I THINK *.. Anyways I added zip ties b/c it was starting to crack at the end..

Also I put a new Silicone Air Intake... The old one was hard plastic or just old old rubber...

Also I added these Honda Holograms just for the heck of it.... I think they look good. Also at night when I open my door people always say WOW that cool...

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back