'02 Accord V6 10022 miles Redline 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben, it's been mentioned before that some oils handle fuel dilution better and therefore have lower oil consumption. Not sure if this is the case here, but it's a possibility. I also don't know why this happens.
smile.gif

That insolubles is a soot measurement, not the same insolubles test that Blackstone does. If soot is found in a gas engine, something ain't right.

Yeah, but the AMSOIL oil filter did a very good job. I am happy with it and impressed. Hopefully, the Mobil 1 filter will do half as well (I expect the same as the K&N). Either way, I'll be ordering several more AMS oil filters.

Can someone explain how Honda engines deliver outstanding fuel economy and have "issues" with overrich conditions causing fuel dilution of the oil?

Quote:

Can someone explain how Honda engines deliver outstanding fuel economy and have "issues" with overrich conditions causing fuel dilution of the oil?

I think this "overrich" condition that is constantly being discussed is B-S.
smirk.gif

Quote:

Quote:

smirk.gif

What? So you are saying that Terry is full of B-S. Get a grip.
nono.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

smirk.gif

What? So you are saying that Terry is full of B-S. Get a grip.
nono.gif

No, I did not mean that at all. I ought to get a moderator to edit my original post. Anyway, I fully endorse Terry's services and I feel that he does a great job, but I am just in disagreement with him that Hondas run rich.

With his new lab and the different testing methods, I notice that many cars are testing it with fuel dilution readings between 1-2%. Yes, Hondas too. But so do Toyotas, Infinitis, etc. I'm just not seeing that Hondas are coming back with significantly higher fuel % than others hence I'm not buying the statement that Hondas run rich...at least just not until I've been given the entire story.

Mike, rest ASSURED that your scope of viewing my customers raw data is limited. I have many success stories of correcting the pernicious fuel dilute issues that are systemic with the new engines ( NOx flushing,read past comments on BITOG). FYI a customer with a highly modded 07 Sube STi 2.5 was running 1.64% ( by IR) fuel dilute with VPracing 5w30 ester oil. After changing air filtration and oil to RLI BIOSYN 5w40 his fuel dilute retested at 0.799% and the motor oil was good for continued service. Flash on VP was 280 F, 365F with BIOSYN.

Our testing works, what happens a lot is that the customer does nothing or little of what I suggest and many times blames the oil for the issue. Resamples later and wonders why we still show problems.

Rest assured aromatic ( fuel ) damage is serious and systemic not just in Hondas.

And YES you can have situations where a engine will show good or reasonable MPG on the road and fuel dilute readings will be high.

TD

BTW, I am now encouraging the Dyson raw lab data we send via PDF (in the future we should have a discrete code for my customers to sign-in to the Dyson Analysis internet site for their data!) to be posted and shared among all.

The Audio file ( MP3) interpretation is being well received and protects our proprietary needs from unscrupulous posers that have been hammering me, especially overseas.

TD

Quote:

Mike, rest ASSURED that your scope of viewing my customers raw data is limited. I have many success stories of correcting the pernicious fuel dilute issues that are systemic with the new engines ( NOx flushing,read past comments on BITOG). FYI a customer with a highly modded 07 Sube STi 2.5 was running 1.64% ( by IR) fuel dilute with VPracing 5w30 ester oil. After changing air filtration and oil to RLI BIOSYN 5w40 his fuel dilute retested at 0.799% and the motor oil was good for continued service. Flash on VP was 280 F, 365F with BIOSYN.

Our testing works, what happens a lot is that the customer does nothing or little of what I suggest and many times blames the oil for the issue. Resamples later and wonders why we still show problems.

Rest assured aromatic ( fuel ) damage is serious and systemic not just in Hondas.

TD

Terry,
Can the type of oil used actually contribute to a change in the amount of fuel dilute? I can understand how it can affect flash point but not % fuel.

Yes, if ring seal hydrodynamic layers are more stable and seal better. Complex solutions to a complex problem.

Quote:

Yes, if ring seal hydrodynamic layers are more stable and seal better. Complex solutions to a complex problem.

Never thought of that, but it certainly makes sense.
Thanks!

Ben, how many miles on the Amsoil?

RL held it's vis well. 9.1 to 10.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back