'01 Ranger 4.0L Fuel Line Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.
2001 Ford Ranger 4.0L SOHC
I need to separate the fuel line in the engine bay to remove the left valve cover. The service manual calls out 412-038, but I don't know the actual Ford part number. I assume a standard aftermarket tool would work here. However, I don't have any tools to remove this. I have found the below Lisle tools. Would one of these work better than the other? Are there other recommendations?
Lisle 37000 ~$10
Lisle 39400 $16-17

Thank you.

Your local auto parts store should sell the tool. The cheap plastic ones work just fine for homeowner use. They should sell a universal one, small one one end and large on the other

I have a set similar to the top ones, think they are SK? made in the USA that I bought many years ago and they work great on Ford stuff. I'd try to avoid shopping at China Freight at all costs, but that's just me.

I bought the Lisle 37000 set (top post) and have experienced success the 6 or so times I've used it.

However, you do have to show the connector "who's boss".

At one time or another I did wonder if a thinner walled metal tool would've "gone in" easier.

However, one or two metal ones I've seen have been as thick as the plastic ones.

The spring has to be expanded far enough for the bulge on the tube to pass through as the tube is pulled out. A thinner tool would not do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back