00 Ford Taurus Duratec Mobil1 5W30EP 9100 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this oil in a 2000 Ford Taurus with the 3.0 v6 24V DOHC Duratec motor for OVER 1 whole year, probably 12-13 months using a K&N oil filter, I NEVER changed the filter, only added 1 quart of oil. Total mileage with 9,103 at the time of change.

WHAT THEY WROTE:

BYRON: No problems showed up in the initial sample from your V-6. All wear read at or close to
averages for this type of engine, which is a very good indication of normal wearing parts and careful
operation. The universal averages show normal wear after 5,300 miles on the oil. Insolubles (oil
oxidation due to heat and use) were low at 0.3%, showing good oil filtration. The TBN was 2.8, some
active additive left in the oil. A reading of 1.0 indicates hardly any left. All else looks good at 82,743
miles. Try 9,600 to 9,750 miles for next oil change and check back.

Aluminum: 3
Chromium: 1
Iron: 24
Copper: 3
Lead: 0
Tin: 1
MOLY: 89
Nickel: 1
Silicon: 16

SUS Viscosity: 57.8
Flastpoint: 400
Fuel: .5
Insolubles: .3

-------------------------

I changed the oil at time of sampling using Mobil 1 5W30 EP and a Mobil 1 filter. For all you crazies out there im not changing this oil for one year or 15,000 miles, same goes with the oil filter. Dont try and tell me its going into bypass mode becauase that would just be crazy.

So what do you all think?
fruit.gif

As much as I have been harassed lately on other threads about M1, that is one of the best samples of M1 I have seen lately. Looks good you don't have to change a thing. Your doing great.

Even from an Amsoil fan!!!

beer2.gif

thanks. I call this conserving energy, most people on here would have changed the oil 3 times.

dude, tbn is fine it will work 10-15k miles just fine the whole world isnt going to collapse and my filter is not going to go into bypass either. But thanks, it is a nice report. Remember this oil is gauranteed up to 15k miles.

Florida weather must be gentle on engines.
No reason why your driving style needs oil changed earlier.

Fuel and soot look good. Oil is still a 30wt. Fe is a little high, but with a battery of cams and valvetrain components + M1, its expected!

Where is the enviro lobby? Shouldn't you be using a 5w20?

You dont need 5w20, 5w30 is just fine thats what it recomends. And even if TBN runs out, the whole engine is not going to suddently die. I know you didnt mention the oil filter going into bypass, just a little dry humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back