00 Crown Vic PI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our boat friend wanted to scam the warranty but ARX took away the major crutch. Don't tell the warranty people or they might require ARX before all warranty claims.

I can buy a lot of ARX for the cost of two rerings on an average maintained engine that doesn't need either. I guess some of us count money a little differently than others. If fire and forget ARX only cured 50% of blowby, leaks, and oil burning to remove the "old" from the engine then it would be worth just about any price. Customer testimonials tell me ARX is better than 50%.

So which h8tr wants to sponsor this expensive test where we round up old engines in cars destined for the junk yard and perform unnecessary work on them?

lol.gif

I'll believe you.

Really?

First you have to moon walk backwards, against traffic, barefoot, on a combination of hot coals and broken glass. Then I feel you've proven the depth of your conviction. Until then, well, I just don't think you've proven squat.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: severach
Our boat friend wanted to scam the warranty but ARX took away the major crutch. Don't tell the warranty people or they might require ARX before all warranty claims.

I can buy a lot of ARX for the cost of two rerings on an average maintained engine that doesn't need either. I guess some of us count money a little differently than others. If fire and forget ARX only cured 50% of blowby, leaks, and oil burning to remove the "old" from the engine then it would be worth just about any price. Customer testimonials tell me ARX is better than 50%.

So which h8tr wants to sponsor this expensive test where we round up old engines in cars destined for the junk yard and perform unnecessary work on them?

Not sure who your boat friend is but if it was AD re-read his posts. He was talking about his Uncle trying to convince himself and his (aunt?) I think that he needed a new engine for his boat to replace the old engine. Nothing about scamming anyone, he's just looking for a new engine. Seems MMO raised compression and he's sticking with the old engine! If you're talking about someone else then, sorry for wasting bandwidth.

These A-Rx threads are getting old fast. I think its time we all give it a rest, let the people who are happy with the product use it for themselves. The new customers who want to try it should, and if it doesn't work as advertised let them take advantage of the satisfaction guarantee. If it works well for them we should hear about it too!

Remember this is the Internet and we have no control of what people are going to write about a product, good or bad especially if they've had a bad experience with it. This goes for any and all products. Auto enthusiasts are a tough bunch, many of them have cars that are prize possessions and if they feel they were done wrong by a product or service look out.
27.gif

Interesting points above. Is ARX the only product that has such a satisfaction guarantee?

It is impossible to test 5 products in the same engine. Testing each product successively in the same motor would also yield scewed test results at best. So perhaps the closest thing is to find 5 similar cars. Gee, I think Taximan already did that. And at least he was polite enough not to name the solvent product that didn't fare so well.

Perhaps we should test volatility. Se which products stay on the job for an OCI.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
at least he was polite enough not to name the solvent product that didn't fare so well.

Right, so you could say it was every product other than AutoRx. It's not exactly the most crafty tactic, but whatever.

And quite a lot of people think that test was made up. A careful review of the data will show that it meant nothing and proved nothing.

I can feel a re-post coming on...

Are you grasping for straws? I can't quite figure out whether you are an MMO enthusiast, or an ARX hater, or perhaps both. What would be the purpose of Frank doing tests to appease a sour grape? What would pictures do for you? Just look at some of the compression data, emissions data, and mileage gains that have been a result of ring pack cleansing. I guess your arguement might have to be that the gains might be due to lubricity properties.

Show us your pistons.

Are you grasping for straws? I can't quite figure out whether you are an MMO enthusiast, or an ARX hater, or perhaps both. What would be the purpose of Frank doing tests to appease a sour grape? What would pictures do for you? Just look at some of the compression data, emissions data, and mileage gains that have been a result of ring pack cleansing. I guess your arguement might have to be that the gains might be due to lubricity properties.

Show us your pistons.

Go tell your boss to get a wrench and a camera and get to work.

Nor can we believe that it doesn't work because the anti arx crowd says so. The ball is in their court to prove their allegations.

It isn't up to the people who use it and are happy with it. Rather it's up to the people who don't, and yet claim it doesn't work.

In order for me not to use the bottles I have left, I want the proof that it doesn't work.

Interesting points above. Is ARX the only product that has such a satisfaction guarantee?

It is impossible to test 5 products in the same engine. Testing each product successively in the same motor would also yield scewed test results at best. So perhaps the closest thing is to find 5 similar cars. Gee, I think Taximan already did that. And at least he was polite enough not to name the solvent product that didn't fare so well.

Perhaps we should test volatility. Se which products stay on the job for an OCI.

Looks like Demarpaint was trying to bring out a point about product bashing, it almost worked.

The attacks always seem to amaze me, yet another stab at the competition again. If by chance you were referring to MMO there are tens of thousands of people who have used it for full OCI's without any complaints or issues. You guys should really try a different approach, this is getting old. I don't know of anyone who had a complaint about MMO, but it seems there are a lot of people upset with its competition. JMO

Show us your pistons.

No Rick, I just think you are an ARX shill. If someone looks at your posting history it is nothing but ARX advocacy.

Shill? He's very involved with Auto-Rx ..or at least intimately familiar. Nothing secret there. No cloak and dagger ..nor intense interpersonal drama.

lol.gif

Thanks greenaccord02. I think there is room to agree to disagree on what we think is the best products to attack lubrication problems.

On the other hand ionbeem22 is just POed about the SOX. No bloody right sock, but perhaps I have a better political future than the "Schill". Just kidding of coarse, I grew up just south of Worcester.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Welcome to the boards, and congrats on the Vic. I would save the ARX for use in the transmission, power steering and differential. From personal experience, I have found this is where ARX really excels.

For the engine, I would recommend 4 quarts of any 5W-30 or 5W-20 of your choice and a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil. Run it for 3,000-5,000 miles and repeat. A Motorcraft FL-820S is an excellent choice of filter to go with this combo.

This is kind of a shock, I remember seeing this guy on the arx forum, I think he did 4 treatments of arx and posted some pics in the photo section here, and now he is recommending MMO in the oil over arx. I think his engine was made out of aluminum and not cast iron. I wonder how the MMO is working out, that reminds me, I have a neighbor who is using Neutra in his oil, I need to pay him a visit and see how he is doing.

I don't see how aluminum would be a problem for an engine cleaner to disolve sludge from. I could see aluminum staining from varnish and that being a little tough to remove. I'd be interested in knowing why you say aluminum is a problem?

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
I don't see how aluminum would be a problem for an engine cleaner to disolve sludge from. I could see aluminum staining from varnish and that being a little tough to remove. I'd be interested in knowing why you say aluminum is a problem?

This is certainly not a problem for a product called Schaeffer's Neutra, as far as arx and aluminum that discussion will have to come out in a new thread.

I never saw MMO having any issues with Aluminum either. You brought the A-rX issue with aluminum to light that's why I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back