00 Camry V6 - Was the t-belt changed?

Maybe service the transmission, pcv valve, not to add more work to the list. I've heard of Starfire tires before made by Cooper. Is this replacing the '98 Accord?
I just serviced the ps fluid and transmission. I was gonna service the brake fluid, but it was clear. The front calipers are new.
The 98 Accord is in service in Woodland, near Sac. Great car. Thanks for asking.
The 00 Camry needs a timing belt (I think) and struts. Then it should be good for a loooong time.
There is a local shop that is generally 3 weeks backlogged. He will help me out if I give him the work.
I do want the car gone this week. The probable new owners are excited...

having 2001 VAG cars with belts the robust toyota belts are great + non interference as well. VAG recommendations are surely conservative but with my 38 thou but over 10 years on the TT the car fax only noted the belt replacement so being safe + prolly the last time being retired + the TT roadster seeing mostly summer-fun driving i replaced everything. almost the same as my 2001 jetta but TIGHTER working!! i dont worry when i hit 25 lb on the boost gauge with a full service + the better Gates performance belt!!

iirc 2000 means it probably has the 90 degree plastic pcv valve. Also it doesn't have the updated rear valve cover(2002) to prevent high oil consumption when mileage is up around 150k to 200k.

Check oil level after a long drive at highway speed as that usually causes consumption to be noticable.

I have a 94 Camry V6 Xle and have 235,000 miles, The timing belt is not that bad of job on this motor. These cars are good cars especially if taken care of and can go the distance. I have a friend with a late model lexus es300 with over 350,000miles.

I seen belts snap with no visual indications at all. Chances are the name on the belt has worn off from the tensioner pulley. Unless there is paperwork to prove the belt change, I would plan on doing the t-belt change. I would not gamble.

The timong belt service is being done this week. I gave the car to the new owners yesterday and they have a someone to do the work.
I am urging them to R&R the struts and listed a few smaller issues I noticed.
They are very happy...

A huge thanks to all who posted; you helped a lot.

I have a 94 Camry V6 Xle and have 235,000 miles, The timing belt is not that bad of job on this motor. These cars are good cars especially if taken care of and can go the distance. I have a friend with a late model lexus es300 with over 350,000miles.
The picture above your username is an SE. We had a ‘92 taupe color one back in the day. Wish we had kept it like all good cars.

Back