NEW 2006 TOYOTA TACOMA ACCESS CAB 2.7 LITER 4CYL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how much oil a 2006 Toyota Tacoma holds when doing a oil change which of course includes filter? Truck didn't come with a manual and cant find any info on Toyota. What is the recommended grade of oil that Toyota wants you to use??? If anyone has a 2006 owners manual can you send that info out of it my way. Thanks in advance.

5W-30 is recommended for all temperatures. 6.1 quarts with filter
smile.gif
Good luck! That truck should serve you well. I recommended one of those to one of my friends and he hasn't had a single problem with it yet.

Dump in 5 qts and check it first. I think this was one of the Toyota engines that actually take less than what the manual says.

I just dumped in 6 quarts on my Dad's 07 Taco 2.7 on its first OC, leaving out the .1 quart. The level was still a little over, but nothing big. That's the way it came from the factory, so I assume it's fine. Its dipstick is hard to read anyhow. BTW, the oil filter is definitely a pain to remove. It's in a bad spot and making a mess is unavoidable. The filter in the 4.0 is sooooo much easier. I used Castrol 5W-20 in it, because that is what is specified. I also used the OEM filter. The car runs very well at 3k, no problems so far. I changed out the factory fill at 2.5k for him. It's a nice truck with a car-like ride. The engine is a little short on power, especially with the AT. But he's pleased with it and that's what counts.

You'll be fine with a little bit of overfill, as long as it's not over by like 2 quarts or something drastic like that. Now that you know how much it takes, you could probably get away with 5 1/2 next time, to put it right on the upper level. I'm sure it'll serve him well though, I really like those trucks. I think if I were in the market for a truck it would be a toss-up between that and a Nissan Frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back