Opinions on BG synthetic ATF vs. Toyota WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - looking to service the tranny on a new to me CPO GX470 with 68,500 miles, which I believe has not been done to date. I typically do a drain/refill routine myself on my vehicles, but I understand it's complicated on a GX (need diag tool to monitor ATF temp, etc.).

My dealer has suggested a full ATF replacement with BG syn. I'm assuming that a full replacement with WS isn't feasible since the BG exchange device would need to be flushed out first. But BG sounds like a decent option anyway, based on the good comments that I've read - and the CPO warranty stays intact, according to the dealer.

So, full swap with BG syn, or start a routine of drains/fills with WS? Curious what others' experiences have been. Thanks in advance!

Tom

I assume they are using BG 312 their universal ATF? The application chart shows that it is compatible with Toyota WS. BG 312 is good, & I wouldn't hesitate using it in a vehicle which calls for WS.

PDF is here.

I would make sure they aren't using any cleaners or conditioners, additives of any type really, just straight ATF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back