Recent Topics
what tire to run for winter 4wd Tahoe ?
by Arctic388
1 minute 49 seconds ago
New powder coated steel wheels: should I worry?
by ymc226
18 minutes 17 seconds ago
Stainless Steel, Reusable Oil Filter Information
by BrotherMichigan
28 minutes 15 seconds ago
Power companies are evil, plain & simple.
by Thermo1223
37 minutes 26 seconds ago
Anyone run Nokianís year round?
by Picky1
Today at 09:21 AM
I made the switch to pennzoil...
by SuzukiGoat
Today at 08:47 AM
Light Bulb Cartel
by Vikas
Today at 08:10 AM
Proud of My Dad
by Phishin
Today at 07:06 AM
google earth does not show Panoramio photos
by Trav
Today at 07:06 AM
Philips 9012 in '05 Corolla?
by lukejo
Today at 06:16 AM
new GM 4.3L V-6
by used_0il
Today at 03:02 AM
2015 Accord Hybrid
by Ewag2983
Today at 02:24 AM
Newest Members
Thourun, Zach72, SandCastle, ymc226, redwoods73
51758 Registered Users
Who's Online
93 registered (13Tacoma, 901Memphis, 943kgt, AandPDan, 97 GTP, 7 invisible), 1559 Guests and 155 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51758 Members
64 Forums
221455 Topics
3502070 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts what tire to run for winter 4wd Tahoe ? by Arctic388 @ 2 minutes 32 seconds ago

I currently have General Grabber HTS 245/75/16 that has about 5K miles on them on my 1996 Tahoe. I also have 4 265/75/16 Treadwright Wardens with kedge grip that has over 30K on them plus one 265/75/16 Warden without kedge i had as a spare. so my th
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New powder coated steel wheels: should I worry? by bepperb @ 2 minutes 46 seconds ago

In all fairness I'm scared to use the cruise control in my Highlander or I might fall asleep of boredom. Would be cool to drive something with more character. But I would plan to retorque any wheels, especially those refinished. And powdercoating
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by rshaw125 @ 3 minutes 1 second ago

You're dealing with monopolies. They can do pretty much what they want. My neighbor was away on a business trip. Just by chance I saw the utility company at his house. Yep they were cutting him off. He had forgot to pay his bill before he flew to Ja
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New Subaru BRZ--going to the track by kyoo @ 3 minutes 16 seconds ago

don't thicker oils run hotter? i believe this is a well tested engine, didnt they run it for like 100,000 hrs at 7k rpms or something crazy liek that at their testing facility? I'd run 0w20. flush before and after. do a uoa just to test
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New powder coated steel wheels: should I worry? by ymc226 @ 3 minutes 33 seconds ago

Thanks SuzukiGoat. I actually bought my Defender from someone from Tulane.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: So You Think Tires Are Expensive Now? by pandus13 @ 3 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418Originally Posted By: grampiIsn't the rubber from old tires reused to make new ones? I know that they're used in manufacture of agricultural and other off-road tires, as well as several different building products.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New powder coated steel wheels: should I worry? by SuzukiGoat @ 7 minutes 45 seconds ago

Had to be done. Lol. I'm sure it's a nice rig though, I love the discos myself.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: So You Think Tires Are Expensive Now? by kyoo @ 8 minutes 49 seconds ago

who would buy that? tires have actually become cheaper for me over the past 4-5 years or so, not sure why
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by SuzukiGoat @ 9 minutes 28 seconds ago

...I see it from the other side...you didn't pay on time, the end. My utility company is a small company, and we have issues with being the last lines on a VERY long road. If I call at 2 am, they would be out in under an hour. And while they would
Jump to new posts Re: My engine loves high oil pressure by splinter @ 10 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: used_0il..His reply was that he was not worried because he takes the oil pan off and checks the bearings after every race.. Not sure how that relates to your road going diesels' topic but I'm sure grateful not to have to drop m
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by tgw323 @ 11 minutes 5 seconds ago

Our electric company has a sign on the door that says federal regulations prevent them from calling to tell you they are about to shut you off.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New powder coated steel wheels: should I worry? by bepperb @ 13 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoatTorque em down, drive 30 miles away, fix your land rover a few times on the way home, and then retorque when you get home. Most powdercoat in that area will be gone within two tire rotations. Ha!
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New powder coated steel wheels: should I worry? by SuzukiGoat @ 15 minutes 16 seconds ago

Torque em down, drive 30 miles away, fix your land rover a few times on the way home, and then retorque when you get home. Most powdercoat in that area will be gone within two tire rotations.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by supton @ 15 minutes 41 seconds ago

Pretty sure as a utility they can't just shut down the power on the basis of one month late. Not when it takes a year to evict a tenant or somesuch. Can you get another credit card and use that strictly for online purchases? I've been tempted to g
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by splinter @ 16 minutes 29 seconds ago

So grateful when I flip that switch on the wall and then the light starts burning. And it's cheap energy!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by Thermo1223 @ 18 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: IndyIanDo they charge you for hooking up again? Seems quite inefficient for them not to contact you first, to save money by not sending a truck out twice to your place for nothing... Corporations are often stupid atleast, not
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts New AAP 40% off code $10 off $25+ to $50 off $125+ by sayjac @ 18 minutes 24 seconds ago

Topic code offer back with online order. Use code MISSUL44 at checkout. $10 off orders over $25 $20 off orders over $50 $30 off orders over $75 $40 off orders over $100 $50 off orders over $125 Free shipping on orders $75+ after promotion/code appl
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts New powder coated steel wheels: should I worry? by ymc226 @ 19 minutes 0 seconds ago

I have a 95 Land Rover Defender with alloy wheels but bought steel Wolf type steel wheels (with the proper steel nuts) which I had powder coated ivory white to give the truck a more classic look. I've read on another forum the smooth surface from th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by IndyIan @ 19 minutes 33 seconds ago

Do they charge you for hooking up again? Seems quite inefficient for them not to contact you first, to save money by not sending a truck out twice to your place for nothing... Corporations are often stupid atleast, not so much evil...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by Thermo1223 @ 19 minutes 46 seconds ago

When people do get charity for bad life style choices I certainly have every right to get mad hence my comment of what my wife deals with. I can see not complaining about cable & phone or any other luxury of life. Power is life these days. I can
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Stainless Steel, Reusable Oil Filter Information by splinter @ 19 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BrotherMichigan..I don't believe the claims these filters make for a second.. Yeah keep on with that train of thought.
Jump to new posts Re: I made the switch to pennzoil... by John_Conrad @ 19 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HokiefydI very often perceive a difference with different motor oils. I personally believe it to be due to the additive packages used by different brands. I don't believe that it's viscosity...noise on certain oils seems to be
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Accord Hybrid by Nebroch @ 21 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bepperbIt's quite similar in operation to the Volt. It's funny Ford and Toyota have a similar system, now GM and Honda do as well. Do with that what you will, I don't want to offend half the board. I think Volt is closer to T
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by BowNisPar @ 26 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223To preface I am usually never late, but I started sending paper checks out again because of all the recent online theft. Sent them a dbl payment because I had a big expense on the doctor last month for my 2 daughters.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Power companies are evil, plain & simple. by AandPDan @ 28 minutes 28 seconds ago

Wait, didn't you even get a notice saying that you were late and the power was going to be shut off? Something doesn't sound right. Companies don't care about anything anymore. It's all how much you can get from your customer. Now they have us pa
Page 1 of 236 1 2 3 ... 235 236 >