Recent Topics
Honda GX390 carb settings on pressure washer.
by i6pwr
08/01/15 10:19 AM
Wrong Address- PO.
by AirgunSavant
08/01/15 10:15 AM
New bike, new fluids but bad luck with M1 TDT
by LotI
08/01/15 10:13 AM
Learned a lot from a friend
by Chris142
08/01/15 09:19 AM
Mobil 1 5qts for $12 After $12 Rebate
by Tony_Mack
08/01/15 09:12 AM
Amsoil EFM 5w-40, 12,974 mi., 2003 Jetta High Pb
by R80RS
08/01/15 09:03 AM
Whole house fan question
by dja4260
08/01/15 08:03 AM
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
by whip
08/01/15 07:56 AM
Another blending guide.
by Shannow
08/01/15 07:37 AM
An Advanced Course on Lubricated Wear (PP preso)
by Shannow
08/01/15 06:04 AM
Pork belly in cider
by Shannow
08/01/15 05:05 AM
Is Our Universe a Fake?
by buster
07/31/15 11:38 PM
Newest Members
RobertJM, RCRcer, calthomp, pefer, ATrain
54900 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (87sammy, 4wheeldog, 3800Series, andyd, 2civics, afoulk, 6 invisible), 1862 Guests and 96 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54900 Members
66 Forums
235210 Topics
3784266 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How are champion spark plugs? by Vern_in_IL @ 2 minutes 2 seconds ago

The "standard" Champion plugs I've found cracked/chipped insulators new from the box. I like the bubble packaging at Walmart, you can see the insulators and make sure they are good before purchase.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 0w-20 makes me wonder about 5w-40 by hatt @ 3 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: tig1Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete5w-40 flows just fine during winter in most climates. It just may not deliver the same fuel economy as a 0w-20/5w-20. Actually their is a video that shows 40 wt oils flow much slower th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Whole house fan question by CKN @ 10 minutes 18 seconds ago

I don't have one...but my son does. My observation is that these things really do help with cooling Good luck!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Help installing oil cooler (sandwich adapter) by expat @ 14 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SHOZ Be sure to get a thermostatic one. They have a bimetal spring that will regulate what goes to the cooler. Most are 160F and this is what the oil will run during cold winter temps..So beware. And 160f is really a bit on
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 5qts for $12 After $12 Rebate by 3800Series @ 17 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: EdwardCOriginally Posted By: John_KForm says limited to participating retailers so I would say no. John I think that was the same wording they used last time, but they did accept Walmart purchases. I would guess that Walmart
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wrong Address- PO. by kyledallas @ 19 minutes 2 seconds ago

Just change your policy and state it "Customer will be charged additional shipping and handling for additional postage caused by incorrect address." Having that condition may make some more attentive at getting it right the first time.. a
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: which speedtest to believe (internet) by friendly_jacek @ 20 minutes 16 seconds ago

update: i repeated the tests around midnight and got more reasonable results: speedtest.net 5.77Mb/s 0.36Mb/s 12ms dslreports.com 5.84Mb/s 0.44Mb/s 37ms measurementlab.net 2.86Mb/s 0.40Mb/s 49ms testmy.net 4.2Mb/s 0.37Mb/s the attempt to activate
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Piston prop air cooled oils by Tom NJ @ 21 minutes 29 seconds ago

The problem with the Mobil AV-1 was not that it was "synthetic", but rather that it was based on just PAO, which has poor solvency. Had they blended in some polar synthetic stocks such as esters or ANs they may not have had the issue they
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: New bike, new fluids but bad luck with M1 TDT by BigCahuna @ 21 minutes 58 seconds ago

Onlycomment I'm making is, check the owners or the service manual for your bike to be sure the anti-freeze you used will work. My friends old Honda Goldwing manual, said to only use silicate free anti- freeze. I guess the silicate is like sand, and w
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Learned a lot from a friend by andyd @ 24 minutes 19 seconds ago

Yah, my cancer was minor compared to some. It gave me a very similar reaction to life though. Every day is a gift, don't waste it on negativity. I smile and try to make others smile. It doesn't take much effort and gets results easier as well. I u
Jump to new posts Re: Help installing oil cooler (sandwich adapter) by expat @ 28 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8^^^But additional coolant leak points. Always a trade off. I had a TR-4 for my first car. Spent way too much on it and learned a lot. Bought pistons and sleeves at the Massey Ferguson dealer! Waited two months for a ca
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Firestone Destination AT for Tundra by Bear @ 29 minutes 26 seconds ago

I got lousy life out of my LE's on my Dakota. Rotated every 5-6,000 miles, even wear etc.
Jump to new posts Re: 0w-20 makes me wonder about 5w-40 by tig1 @ 30 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete5w-40 flows just fine during winter in most climates. It just may not deliver the same fuel economy as a 0w-20/5w-20. Actually their is a video that shows 40 wt oils flow much slower than 20-30 wt oils in cold t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Is Our Universe a Fake? by MolaKule @ 31 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Koz1Most people are not happy with reality so they make stuff like this up to keep their minds at ease that it must be so. Just ridiculous really. Is that why so much stuff is wasted? Any proof in science is the result of the
Jump to new posts Re: You cant see the engine under the oil cap on a 122 by Quattro Pete @ 32 minutes 0 seconds ago

Same story on our 530i and Q5 - can't see anything after removing the oil cap as there is a plastic baffle.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Water seperator? by Bear @ 33 minutes 31 seconds ago

I do, and it does capture water at times. I also open the bottom tank drain every so often to check for accumulation.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 5qts for $12 After $12 Rebate by Rand @ 33 minutes 43 seconds ago

Form Doesn't say limited to participating retailers It says "Some participating retailers include:" which is ambigious.. last rebate said same and worked at walmart and amazon.. Will this one? Possibly.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wrong Address- PO. by Quattro Pete @ 34 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavantAnd why do these people not even know their address? Sometimes the shipping address gets auto populated based on their paypal or credit account information. If they've moved and forgot to update their paypal or C
Jump to new posts Re: making a vehicle last 40 years/million miles?? by hatt @ 36 minutes 47 seconds ago

Are you completely rebuilding the engine/trans/TC/axles? You can't start a million mile project off with junkyard parts with an unknown history. All this is gonna cost a fortune. I'd go with a 7.3 Superduty/Excursion in good shape and low miles.
Jump to new posts Re: New bike, new fluids but bad luck with M1 TDT by 4wheeldog @ 37 minutes 23 seconds ago

I am betting that you have a clutch change in your near future. I have not used Mobil TDT, but I have used 15W/40 and 5W/40 Rotella and Delo for many years, in many wet clutch bikes, without any clutch issues. Either the clutch in your bike is worn
Jump to new posts Re: New bike, new fluids but bad luck with M1 TDT by EdwardC @ 37 minutes 41 seconds ago

Interesting findings, any chance you recall which Valvoline 20W-50 it was? I've been looking for a PCMO 20W50 to run in the bike with a shared sump. I'm assuming, though, it was the Motorcycle 4T since you mention the JASO-MA.
Jump to new posts Re: New bike, new fluids but bad luck with M1 TDT by Rand @ 40 minutes 31 seconds ago

I havent heard of many using M1 TDT in bikes. I do know that Rotella t6 5w-40 is Jaso MA and popular.
Jump to new posts Re: Would you sacrifice engine life...... by expat @ 42 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Justin251Ok. So my hemi specs 5w20 and nothing else. So I see that you run 0w-20 in it! In Alabama!
Hydraulic Fluids
Jump to new posts Re: Tuff Torq K70A / Mobil1 15w50? by MolaKule @ 42 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gman2304This from the TT website. The 10w30 is the old spec. The 5w50 synthetic is the new TT recommendation. I couldn't find the 5w50 locally and called TT and they said the Mobil1 15w50 would work fine in my TT K70 Hydrostatic
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: '10 Elantra Extended Size Oil Filter ? by sayjac @ 44 minutes 25 seconds ago

I too would stick with 9688 size, not really small. Now the 6607/14612 which some quick lubes and indies use to replace the Hyun/Kia OE size, as shown HERE, that's small.
Page 1 of 295 1 2 3 ... 294 295 >