by ThirdeYe
15 minutes 50 seconds ago
'06 Kia Sportage weird issue
by CincyDavid
29 minutes 24 seconds ago
Dented Again
by AirgunSavant
Today at 06:42 AM
Does EGR blocking increase diesel consumption?
by berniedd
Today at 06:20 AM
Has BP left the gas retailing market?
by Vern_in_IL
Today at 05:45 AM
Commentary on Gate's Commentary on Electricity.
by Shannow
Today at 05:14 AM
techron article
by Joe1
Today at 05:08 AM
Lighter or heavier o-20 oils
by shDK
Today at 04:53 AM
Nice Gun Store Find
by bobbob
Today at 01:57 AM
Gun Prices
by bobbob
Today at 01:55 AM
Nissan Maxima pre-cats common problem
by Rohan
Today at 12:43 AM
License Plate Lights Quit
by Nick1994
Today at 12:39 AM
Newest Members
Omaid, Bwayne, krellmk, Annette, bimmergeek
58567 Registered Users
Who's Online
65 registered (Alex D, 4WD, 41 Plymouth, acbent, 2002 Maxima SE, AndyB, 4 invisible), 1427 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58567 Members
66 Forums
252136 Topics
4134321 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: what is the problem with the "new" gas cans? by JHZR2 @ 1 minute 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eljefinoOriginally Posted By: JHZR2Originally Posted By: Ethan1Using the so-called "Obama cans" as intended will result in spilling gas everywhere. Not good for your skin, not good for the environment, and (personally)
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: '06 Kia Sportage weird issue by CincyDavid @ 7 minutes 37 seconds ago

Crank sensor would be my best guess, but before I start throwing parts at it, willy nilly, I thought I'd try to gain some insight from other posters here. There's an IAC valve that could potentially create issues. One symptom I did notice is that
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: CQ Blue 84151 (WIX) | 6,860 Miles [Cut Open] by ThirdeYe @ 7 minutes 52 seconds ago

Looks fantastic. The thick media reminds me of a Fram Ultra. I was very impressed with the older Carquest Blue that I cut open from my Firebird as well.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a high caliber semi auto rifle by billt460 @ 10 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: hattWhich history book did you read....... All of them will tell you the Korean War ended in 1953..... But you have to read them.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Pokemon Go - Darwinism's best friend. by Pop_Rivit @ 11 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nick ROh god, the irony! The irony is SO strong. So wait wait wait, lemme get this straight. You are going to sit there, in your computer chair, on a website about MOTOR OIL, and [censored] that people have found something the
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: Has BP left the gas retailing market? by bullwinkle @ 11 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CincyDavidPlenty of them in this market, I generally just go to the Shell station on the corner because they have an amazing craft beer selection. A local wholesaler, Lykins Oil, has been running billboards advertising the retu
Jump to new posts Re: Has BP left the gas retailing market? by ThirdeYe @ 11 minutes 51 seconds ago

They are still around here, unfortunately.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Dented Again by Sayjac @ 12 minutes 26 seconds ago

Quote:Made by Purolator, So you're saying definitively that M&H Puro makes Magneti Marelli labeled oil filters for Mopar? Afaik, MM themselves are the new supplier for Mopar and much waited for it seems and mentioned by at least one member here
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Old Zetec filters cut open: LF483 and Napa 41315 by ThirdeYe @ 13 minutes 30 seconds ago

That Napa would've been just fine. I've used filters that were 5+ years old before without issue. The media in the Hastings looks nasty, however. Fun fact: I still have an older Purolator Premium Plus from 1998 for a Zetec motor. I was using it as a
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Purolator PureONE PL14610 - 6k Miles by ThirdeYe @ 16 minutes 45 seconds ago

Older stock I purchased a few years back. This was used on my sister's 2007 Vue, which has the Honda V6. 6k miles, including colder temps and some short trips. Changed per the OLM. It looks like there is a slight tear by the end of one of the pleats
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Briggs & Stratton better than Honda by NH73 @ 17 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071Originally Posted By: NH73 Wheres the Kawasaki twin cylinder engines? Like the FRs and FXs. The engines I didn't mention are middle of the road. I don't love them nor hate them. Some of the earlier Kawi Twins are
Jump to new posts Re: Has BP left the gas retailing market? by CincyDavid @ 19 minutes 14 seconds ago

Plenty of them in this market, I generally just go to the Shell station on the corner because they have an amazing craft beer selection. A local wholesaler, Lykins Oil, has been running billboards advertising the return of Gulf Oil stations, althoug
Jump to new posts Re: '06 Kia Sportage weird issue by spasm3 @ 22 minutes 31 seconds ago

I would start by getting a hayes or chilton book, and becoming familiar with the fuel injection components. Does it have a crank sensor? Does it have egr ? etc.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Dented Again by car51 @ 23 minutes 52 seconds ago

Made by Purolator, I would use it for target practice
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Washing removes wax...does it remove sealants too? by Bamaro @ 24 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ed_FleckoThank you all for the replies! Interestingly, I e-mailed Collinite and I asked them this question if I specifically use their "Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476" and they said, "Washing your vehicle will
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by ThirdeYe @ 26 minutes 23 seconds ago

2007 Saturn Vue V6 110k on odometer 6k on oil Out: Castrol GTX High Mileage 5W-20, Purolator PureONE PL14610 In: Formula Shell 5W-20, Purolator PureONE PL14610
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan Maxima pre-cats common problem by ThirdeYe @ 27 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: asand1Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitogSomething is damaging the cats. Burning oil, oxygen sensors, something that isn't the cat itself is destroying them. Nissan's do have some problems with pre-cats breaking up and wipi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Single Women On Bitog? by Pop_Rivit @ 29 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Red91Well, why not ask? I'm a single guy with no one to talk to Spend less time on discussion forums and improve your social and personal interactive skills. Then you won't have to search a website for women to talk with you.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Turtle wax VS NuFinish by Bamaro @ 30 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: Chris B.Duragloss does and Collinite come close but Zaino lasts no where near as long as NuFinish. I use all of these on a regular basis. None of them last longer then NuFinish. All of them last lon
Jump to new posts '06 Kia Sportage weird issue by CincyDavid @ 30 minutes 19 seconds ago

OK, folks, here's my mystery for today...US market Kia Sportage 2.7L v6, auto, AWD, 150k miles. It has started doing an intermittent (like once a day) stumble/stall. No codes, no CEL. It only does it when I am off the gas, say coasting down a hill
Jump to new posts Re: Has BP left the gas retailing market? by 41 Plymouth @ 36 minutes 22 seconds ago

I traveled from west-central Illinois to Iowa City, Iowa yesterday. All BP stations in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa and north to Iowa City were open, competitive and busy.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Nice Gun Store Find by zrxkawboy @ 36 minutes 45 seconds ago

$299 sounds like a great deal! Pics, please!
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Lighter or heavier o-20 oils by KCJeep @ 37 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: shDK So does the difference in weight at 100 Celsius mean anything ? Søren Hansen In my judgement no since after 500 to 1000 miles shear could make the whole point moot. As you mentioned the real factor is the HTHS and it so
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Old Zetec filters cut open: LF483 and Napa 41315 by Sayjac @ 37 minutes 20 seconds ago

2011, 2012, not old at all by Rock Auto posted anecdote standards, almost new. Just based on appearance alone, I'd likely have no issues using either as they are or were. Anti-siphon valve interesting. Engine applications must me particularly sensiti
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to make asphalt by SHOZ @ 41 minutes 47 seconds ago

Too bad. Have a good night.
Page 1 of 239 1 2 3 ... 238 239 >