Recent Topics
Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud...
by mrsilv04
09/02/14 08:53 AM
Help pick a winner
by Camprunner
09/02/14 08:24 AM
Economic high detergency oil
by buck91
09/02/14 08:17 AM
Ordered test kit from Blackstone
by Swift101
09/02/14 08:16 AM
ThinkWise
by stockrex
09/02/14 07:10 AM
2000 Saturn SL Intermittent No Start
by raffy
09/02/14 07:00 AM
Motorcraft SAE 75w90 Premium 4x4 Front Axle Lubric
by FordSUVTruck
09/02/14 06:00 AM
1997 Shell Product Data Book - XHVI Lubes
by Shannow
09/02/14 03:58 AM
Kohler engine likes to burn oil as much as gas.
by cwatkin
09/01/14 11:19 PM
Front wheel bearing issue
by JHZR2
09/01/14 11:13 PM
Preferences
by 01_celica_gt
09/01/14 10:49 PM
91 Civic Hatch 3dr Si coolant hose
by Gito
09/01/14 10:19 PM
Newest Members
SparkSVT, grumpyoldman, jbl_91762, PapasGuy, fanie
51170 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (2010_FX4, 01rangerxl, 67King, 2004tdigls, 05LGTLtd, 5 invisible), 1551 Guests and 247 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51170 Members
64 Forums
218664 Topics
3448009 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Economic high detergency oil by mjk @ 36 seconds ago

What do you consider 'cheap'? Menards puts FS on sale on a regular basis. If $1.99 is acceptable, I'd solely use that. Too convenient to spend time worrying about getting the best possible sale. Originally Posted By: buck91Typically I just stock
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud... by Hokiefyd @ 1 minute 6 seconds ago

The irony of it all is sickening.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MC FL-500s 9,245 Miles [Cut Open] by Dallas69 @ 2 minutes 18 seconds ago

Is a MC equal to a P1 then?
Jump to new posts Re: M1 0W20 AFE - Great Oil ! by Hokiefyd @ 2 minutes 46 seconds ago

M1 AFE would be the only oil I use, except that I personally can't stand to wait that long to change the oil, and I dump it before I need to. It's a personal challenge that I deal with, but the first step towards recovery is recognition, right?! In
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 4T65E occasional rare slip by bxd20 @ 2 minutes 56 seconds ago

OP here. The Rendezvous has 95,000 miles now. We drove a lot on Sat, Sun, Mon. Sat - was relatively bad. It did the slip-bang from take-off about 5 times. Sunday and Monday it didn't do it once. Temperatures were the same, driving style, speeds
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Don't forget to remove your pictures from cloud... by mrsilv04 @ 3 minutes 15 seconds ago

I do enjoy the antics of these so-called Hollywood celebrities, (celebritards) who are stupid and naive enough to leave naked pictures of themselves in the cloud, somehow thinking that there's no way any of it could ever go wrong. And then, when it
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: ThinkWise by lugNutz @ 3 minutes 45 seconds ago

I did one of these too. They are just there to... 1) Test your personality and tendencies, and 2) See if you are lying. #2 is the most important because a new hire will have a tendency to, say, LIE to make themselves sound better. Those surveys will
Jump to new posts Re: Dino vs Synthetic 5w30 cold pour test by Danno @ 5 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter Too impatient to watch the video all the way through... But did he mention what sort of temperatures he chilled the oils to? -30C or -22F
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Kohler engine likes to burn oil as much as gas. by cwatkin @ 5 minutes 40 seconds ago

The engine calls for any 10W30. Basically I got it used and it was fine for a while, then the governor gave it up when it backfired and the engine ran away to max RPM. I now manually control the speed of the engine but the damage was done. It ran
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mann W 930/21 (Cut Open) by webfors @ 6 minutes 33 seconds ago

So it's official... a filter manufacturer CAN produce a filter with tight, even, straight pleats. Pay attention <enter all other manufacturers here>!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Who rev matches their downshifts? by ARCOgraphite @ 7 minutes 56 seconds ago

The "car rich" kids with their $$$ Civic Si and Subaru WRX and Mitsu Lancer EVO must drive a stick I would guess. My wife would still not concede to a auto trans (or CVT!)yet at almost 60 years old, she.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Help pick a winner by Hokiefyd @ 8 minutes 1 second ago

I like the Cooper here. It's a newer tire with a newer design. It just came out last year I believe. I agree with your tire dealer.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram TG3506 Cut Open by webfors @ 8 minutes 35 seconds ago

Nice looking filter. Any oil gets jet black in my subaru... when compared to other cars I've owned.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Kohler engine likes to burn oil as much as gas. by OneEyeJack @ 9 minutes 5 seconds ago

How about a big dose of Auto-Rx. A local landscaper did that trick to revive a riding mower that someone gave him because of the smoke screen it produced and the complaints of neighbors. It took running the engine a few times but it worked just find.
Jump to new posts Re: Who rev matches their downshifts? by ARCOgraphite @ 10 minutes 20 seconds ago

I do rev match and DBW throttle has been somewhat accommodating depending on ECU software, but,I have moved my downshift points closer to 2000 rpm in normal driving and practice NOT downshifting into 1st when slowing if I can help it, to avoid over b
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: ThinkWise by A_Harman @ 13 minutes 11 seconds ago

My least favorite job interview question: "What's your biggest fault?" My favorite answer: "I'm just too [censored] modest."
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Check Engine Light ... but no codes? by eljefino @ 13 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: babbittdOriginally Posted By: babbittdIt's interesting that no codes were retrieved, but using the reader to reset the codes worked to deactivate the CEL. Is it possible that there was a Chrysler specific code that certain ge
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered test kit from Blackstone by Swift101 @ 15 minutes 30 seconds ago

Also, how much oil do they need?
Jump to new posts Re: Who rev matches their downshifts? by OneEyeJack @ 15 minutes 34 seconds ago

At a local high school, upon hearing this song the question was asked, "where is second gear and why was the Rambler stuck there and still able to drive?". The "Beep, beep" song. It appears that young drivers today don't hav
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Lower Priced Indian Models by dr2152 @ 15 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: whipOriginally Posted By: grampiI don't ever recall seeing any $40K+ price tags on any metrics (not even close), though I did see a couple of new Harleys just within the last month with price tags that high... If you're compar
Jump to new posts Re: Economic high detergency oil by ARCOgraphite @ 16 minutes 44 seconds ago

I find in practice with the forester chain engine that the oils with the Na DP/AW have "cleaned" better than the moly Boron package. I am not aware if this has been proven through API Cert in-situ engine tests - the manufacturers keep this
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Any thoughts on ACD & HDD by A_Harman @ 18 minutes 1 second ago

If it's getting down to -40 a couple of times a week for a two-month period, you should be running a 0W-something to ensure good cold flow in that extreme condition. Then change to something thicker when the warm weather comes.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Accidentally put lubegard black into ATF+4 by lairdwd @ 20 minutes 58 seconds ago

I'll get to another drain and fill cycle eventually. I've still got 6 quarts of the 3309 to use up. You should know that this is a $600 project car that I've been nursing back to health. Honestly, it's running so good right now and there are no phy
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Ordered test kit from Blackstone by Swift101 @ 24 minutes 33 seconds ago

Yeah, I'm getting a TBN test done as well, hopefully it's good considering my short OCI of 5k miles.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ac issue on focus STILL!! by KrisZ @ 25 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ram_manRight I know I have to pay but I'm not going to just settle for the way it is. Since paying is a must then I won't settle for anything less than working properly all the time. Just an FYI, as it was already mentioned,
Page 1 of 253 1 2 3 ... 252 253 >