by lukejo
06/27/16 05:56 AM
Clay Based HTB Grease
by SR5
06/27/16 04:33 AM
Which M1 oils are true synthetics
by FordCapriDriver
06/27/16 04:06 AM
That's unfortunate...or maybe bypass filtration?
by linksep
06/27/16 02:24 AM
Over Oiling
by mjoekingz28
06/27/16 12:59 AM
Sweden Trials Electric Higway for Trucks
by Y_K
06/27/16 12:07 AM
17 yo deutsch filter?
by robo339
06/26/16 11:07 PM
Ford Focus wrecked
by tig1
06/26/16 10:13 PM
Valvoline Maxlife vs Supertech Synthetic vs QSED
by mazdamonky
06/26/16 09:56 PM
Lexus seats in a Camry
by Nick1994
06/26/16 09:52 PM
shop rechecking work after front end parts replace
by motor_oil_madman
06/26/16 09:50 PM
M1-EP vs vanilla M1
by Atomic
06/26/16 09:29 PM
Newest Members
Josh_Westwood, Brogan, Superlatives, Ruturaj, derfderfgoose
58280 Registered Users
Who's Online
47 registered (bandz7, bigdreama, AnthemBassMan, Axe Man, 2015_PSD, AirgunSavant, 5 invisible), 1006 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58280 Members
66 Forums
250859 Topics
4111717 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Which M1 oils are true synthetics by KernelK @ 33 seconds ago

At least the ones sold by Autoteile-Meile.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Pressure with M1HM 10w30 by Miller88 @ 54 seconds ago

Pretty sure a 1994 Ford is going to have a fake oil pressure gauge. It just always shows normal, unless it's below a set minimum, then it will show low.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Pressure with M1HM 10w30 by demarpaint @ 4 minutes 20 seconds ago

I had a similar issue, and it was caused by an oil leak. The leak from my push rod cover coated the ground wire for the oil sending unit with oil where the ground connects to the engine block. When I replaced the gasket and cleaned up the area the pr
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What do you think of the 'new' BBC Top Gear? by JennyHemi @ 7 minutes 24 seconds ago

It appears that History Channel's version of Top Gear is done as well... at least for the near future. They've finished filming and there are no immediate plans to continue it (though that could change, and I hope it does). I know people didn't lik
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Sweden Trials Electric Higway for Trucks by KrisZ @ 9 minutes 25 seconds ago

Back into the early 1900s we go...
Industrial- Other / Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Over Oiling by mjoekingz28 @ 11 minutes 51 seconds ago

Thanks larryinnewyork. It can be difficult figuring this stuff out. I dont want to ruin equipment in order to learn correctly. Just like with eating, once you take that last big bite you may well feel ill for a long time. Or like Bob Barker's
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Focus wrecked by KrisZ @ 12 minutes 10 seconds ago

Sorry to hear this and I'm glad your wife is OK.
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Clay Based HTB Grease by SR5 @ 12 minutes 11 seconds ago

That HTB grease is going straight to the pool room. https://youtube.com/watch?v=J5KbMolsUPA
Jump to new posts Oil Pressure with M1HM 10w30 by lukejo @ 14 minutes 6 seconds ago

1994 F150 4x4, 302 engine, 217k miles. FL1A, M1HM. I've owned about two years, but was one-owner and well maintained with records of regular oil changes at Ford dealership. Leaks at rear main, probably burns some, but no noticeable signs of it. Ever
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: shop rechecking work after front end parts replace by Kira @ 16 minutes 36 seconds ago

With all the anecdotes regarding hard-to-align cars, has anyone ever read a story where the alignment shop operator has said, "You know those tires of yours are garbage".
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Why you need a dash cam by demarpaint @ 16 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Alfred_BOriginally Posted By: Rand Spend all day mowing 60 miles away in farm country.. 1 block from home this PYLON almost sideswipes me. I hit the horn and he continues over.. then gives me the "thanks for letting
Industrial- Other / Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Over Oiling by larryinnewyork @ 17 minutes 4 seconds ago

In the 60's and 70's, my Father always told me; "you can do more harm by over-oiling an electric motor than under-oiling" I never knew exactly why. Now I want to find out because my Uncle who is 83 years old will want me this coming Winter
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Civic - MaxLife ATF update by Mainia @ 18 minutes 48 seconds ago

And you guys believe Honda has your best interest when Honda pushed on us one of the WORST ATF ever made in the industry, and told you it was a never change,life long ATF. Your nuts! There is NOTHING special about Honda fluid except their CVT fluid
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge 10W-30 in Australia by SR5 @ 22 minutes 16 seconds ago

I haven't tried a 20 grade oil as my car's OM says to use an A3/B3 or A3/B4 oil. The Magnatec 10W-30 semi-synthetic and the Magnatec 5W-30 full synthetic are both SN & A3/B4, hence my interest in them. I am tempted by the Castrol Edge 10W-30 A5
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Second lawn mower blade by Lubener @ 39 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BigCahunaGo to Harbor freight and buy one of their cheap grinders. Get a few spare wheels and when you need a new edge, just tip the mower up and sharpen the blade without even taking it off. Probably cheaper then buying a new b
Jump to new posts Re: Which M1 oils are true synthetics by FordCapriDriver @ 40 minutes 5 seconds ago

Huh well since Germany has strict standards for what can be labeled as full synthetic that would mean that according to that site only 2 are real synthetics?
Jump to new posts Re: Best Oil for Intek 19 HP Mower by NH73 @ 40 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone Running SN grade passenger car oil under the punishing conditions of outdoor power equipment in the summer months is slightly crazy in my opinion. Yet thats what the OPE manufacturers always recommend.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol Edge 10W-30 in Australia by Ducman @ 40 minutes 25 seconds ago

It sounds(no pun intended) like the Magnatec is the way to go with that engine. It's an interesting issue you have. Have you tried any of the lighter grades of oil(Xw-20's) for a comparison. I'm hearing you regarding the mechanical sounds. Try a 4 v
Jump to new posts Re: Best Oil for Intek 19 HP Mower by Lubener @ 42 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4SAE30 is what I'd use as long as the outside temp is above 40F. That's what I would use in his location, Supertech to be exact.
Jump to new posts Re: Who's running Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 ? by Garak @ 42 minutes 55 seconds ago

Merk is looking at the ILSAC one, which is the only one available in North America (as far as I know), and the only type of 30 grade he's actually interested in.
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Clay Based HTB Grease by Shannow @ 48 minutes 13 seconds ago

It was the go to grease back in the day for front wheel bearings...I even used it on my drum braked LC, where plain old Lithium COULD be used, but the disk braked needed clay. I'm at a loss as to what you could do with it other than sit it on the ma
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: That's unfortunate...or maybe bypass filtration? by Sayjac @ 49 minutes 29 seconds ago

"Unfortunate" is kind, second topic choice closer at least for some period of time. However, it was run past the 15k mi recommendation. I would be curious of the time frame for the 20k though? Next one, go one 10k mile oci max. Thanks f
Jump to new posts Re: ATF '96 LT1 Roadmaster by Lubener @ 50 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: Lubener[quote=gallydif]I agree, I stick with the exact fluid and stay away from the universal stuff which tries to satisfy a broad spectrum of needs. Well if Dexron-III is specified then he can't
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Harley Superglide...barhopper ! by bigdreama @ 52 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gman2304 Very nice. Enjoy!
Jump to new posts Re: Deep tranny pan worth it? by Lubener @ 57 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rsylvstrProbably going with the dorman since I have to take the pan off. Thinking the welding will cost me half as much as the pan. I had a Dorman for my GM and returned it. It was actually slightly shallower than the stoc
Page 1 of 257 1 2 3 ... 256 257 >