by bbhero
10 minutes 44 seconds ago
High Mileage diesel oil?
by Hysilver
12 minutes 9 seconds ago
Barium
by Hullthumper
Today at 07:25 PM
Oil filters suggestions for a 10' Hyundai .......
by Oregoonian
Today at 06:32 PM
Is the spin-on filter's days numbered?
by jongies3
Today at 06:28 PM
Mobil 1 75w90 LS for 2010 Camaro SS
by AIRJAC3
Today at 05:51 PM
2013 Tacoma ATF Change?
by CrackyWainwright
Today at 05:42 PM
Blackfire Wet Diamond
by BlueOvalFitter
Today at 05:42 PM
Which butter do you all use?
by chiefsfan1
Today at 05:00 PM
Does this tail pipe pic tell you anything?
by LeakySeals
Today at 04:38 PM
Security Camera system
by Alfred_B
Today at 04:10 PM
Newest Members
ph9, Kurt34556, Skullzaflare, Jakes_Lawn, Aarrghhh
58031 Registered Users
Who's Online
114 registered (15SilvyEcotec, 2K2AcuraTL, 01rangerxl, 2009Edge, 2015_PSD, 4WD, 13 invisible), 1762 Guests and 360 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58031 Members
66 Forums
249643 Topics
4087533 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Towing what to look for? by Camprunner @ 23 seconds ago

I picked up some Chevron Delo 400 XLE simi synthetic 10w30 for my Pathfinder for the summer towing season. From what I read Chevron makes a good product and this seems like a solid oil.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 75w90 LS for 2010 Camaro SS by MrHorspwer @ 43 seconds ago

2010 Camaro uses an AAM TracRite PC limited slip. PC = Plate Clutch
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Real Estate Rates by hatt @ 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PandaBear Talking about that: I recently bought a home with a discount buyer agent that charges either $7k or 35% of what the seller agent would split with him (and refund 65% of his revenue to me, before tax). That knocked dow
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Lowes charcoal sale by Nyogtha @ 49 seconds ago

I like hardwood lump in my offset smokers and Akorn for low ash production. http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag95.htm http://royal-oak.com/product/natural-lump/royal-oak-hardwood-lump I like mineral coal free hardwood briquettes for my v
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does this tail pipe pic tell you anything? by AZjeff @ 1 minute 36 seconds ago

Tells me you backed into something! Our Nissan and Toyota are so clean you can't even get a smudge on your finger.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage diesel oil? by clinebarger @ 2 minutes 2 seconds ago

Someone would have to define what high mileage for a Diesel is, Oil companies are claiming 75,000 is high mileage for a gas engine......Sounds absurd to me.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Got a great deal at Walmart yesterday. by WellOiled @ 2 minutes 33 seconds ago

Here is the proof that sometimes the Purolator made Motorcraft filters tear. Dome end tear. Thread end tear.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Which butter do you all use? by rickmeseke @ 2 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: NoeyWhy not just use vaseline? or your favorite grease, it has about the same effects on your arteries. As they say, a moment in the mouth, forever in the veins. Use olive oil instead, preferably from California, it has a swe
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage diesel oil? by Chris142 @ 3 minutes 44 seconds ago

Valvoline makes it
Jump to new posts Want to hear from turbo owners that go 10k + oci by Sw296inchblue @ 4 minutes 47 seconds ago

I'm curious about extending oci's in a few vehicles. I change the oil for our familys cars plus a couple more. 4 are port injected 2 are gdi turbo. I think Ive had enough of the feel good factor (using full synthetic and 5k oci) I would like to hear
Jump to new posts Re: Does this tail pipe pic tell you anything? by HerrStig @ 5 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: clinebargerOriginally Posted By: yvon_laIt tell me this:if soot isn't going in the exhaust .then it stay in the engine and this means soot is being powder coated where it can inside the engine . You have no idea what your talk
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filters suggestions for a 10' Hyundai ....... by Egg_Head @ 5 minutes 8 seconds ago

OEM or Mahle
Jump to new posts Re: Does this tail pipe pic tell you anything? by clinebarger @ 7 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: yvon_laIt tell me this:if soot isn't going in the exhaust .then it stay in the engine and this means soot is being powder coated where it can inside the engine . You have no idea what your talking about, The Catalytic Converte
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil - Strategic Direction by Cokeboy @ 8 minutes 30 seconds ago

20w50 in synthetic is scarce. There is the HD label for Harley Davidson & clone v- twins that use SJ in conventional. There is 20w50 Valvoline VR1 synthetic & conventional racing. Amsoil might have the largest market share for this niche mark
Jump to new posts When you have found the right combo by bbhero @ 10 minutes 59 seconds ago

Well it's nice when you stumble upon a very good oil and filter combo for a car. For the lady's Camry it was the Motorcraft synthetic blend and Wix filter. I have run PYB, Pennzoil Gold, and Havoline in it. The quietest it's run has been with the Mot
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on this 2006 Lincoln by 01rangerxl @ 11 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc Oh, and the "reliability" of these vehicles is a myth and borderline horrific. Sure, you can repair them for 1/2 million miles but you will pay for each and everyone of those miles as it slowly bleeds you out
Jump to new posts High Mileage diesel oil? by Hysilver @ 12 minutes 24 seconds ago

Why is there no HM HDEO offered? Don't need or want it, just a question
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best filter out of these? by ZeeOSix @ 15 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jk_636Always good to see statistics that are passed off as fact but contain qualifiers including "(I) Believe", "Rumor is" and two separate "Who knows." You may have to go back to the bat cave
Jump to new posts Re: '88 Cadillac smog (Emission test) fails by Bladecutter @ 15 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: momoFor those who are wondering about other numbers from the emission test, here it is The fact that your low speed and high speed HC numbers are nearly identical means that you have a problem with a part on your car, caus
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Which butter do you all use? by madRiver @ 18 minutes 14 seconds ago

I have not tried anything domestic beyond what's available at grocery store. I do have a connection for taking care of an international 767 pilot home occasionally when away and one of the treats was French butter she brought back. It was a differen
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Is the spin-on filter's days numbered? by Nyogtha @ 19 minutes 32 seconds ago

The up top spin-ons I've worked with have anti-siphon valves as well as ADBV's. So IMO properly designed spin-ons have just as much utility in up top applications as cartridge filters. If one recycles the entire spin-on filter at such easy to find
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 CC. 5.3L 4WD Oil by userfriendly @ 21 minutes 10 seconds ago

The 2014 and newer 4.3 V6, 5.3 & 6.2L V8s are Ecotech 3s. The proper engine oil level cold is on the full line when hot. Some Canadian dealerships were installing 8 liters, which is 1/2 qt. over when cold. Again, playing musical viscosity, will n
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best filter out of these? by jk_636 @ 28 minutes 10 seconds ago

Always good to see statistics that are passed off as fact but contain qualifiers including "(I) Believe", "Rumor is" and two separate "Who knows." You may have to go back to the bat cave and spin some more numbers..
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2016 Monaco Grand Prix by billt460 @ 29 minutes 1 second ago

Formula 1 is a team sport. Just ask Ericsson and Nasr.
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting oil pressure vs engine RPM by userfriendly @ 32 minutes 22 seconds ago

Old NA domestic V8 engines blocks are not typically skirted or X-bolted, and flex under load. On top of that; pile on crank flex, harmonics and who knows what else which add up to a .003" rod & main clearance engine build. An increase in be
Page 1 of 238 1 2 3 ... 237 238 >