by Merkava_4
08/31/14 02:12 AM
Best bbq in tn?
by ram_man
08/30/14 11:57 PM
Oil for new car
by massparanoia
08/30/14 11:22 PM
Mixing Mobil 1 High Mileage with Mobil 1 AFE?
by lukejo
08/30/14 11:21 PM
Beware of energy guide label inconsistencies; 2014
by JHZR2
08/30/14 11:14 PM
funny website
by friendly_jacek
08/30/14 10:43 PM
120K Mile 6G74 - Mobil 1 or Shell Ultra?
by Spetz
08/30/14 09:54 PM
My evening OCI tonight in photos
by volk06
08/30/14 09:22 PM
Push Mowers won't start/run--advice?
by lukejo
08/30/14 09:12 PM
1/4" Drive Cordless Electric Ratchet
by john_pifer
08/30/14 09:10 PM
A switch to SOPUS
by volk06
08/30/14 09:00 PM
Newest Members
Trashman, massparanoia, Tdog02, Helliar, jrmitch
51147 Registered Users
Who's Online
19 registered (eec4tuner, Harleydav91, bdcardinal, Bladecutter, 901Memphis, 1 invisible), 565 Guests and 181 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51147 Members
64 Forums
218559 Topics
3446286 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: leaving the key ON for an hour by hpb @ 57 seconds ago

^ Yep, me too.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I hate rust by KDonkey @ 8 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonI had to break loose the Camry rims yesterday. Probably been on for a year. One rim broke after loosening he lugs and some cornering, the other refused. Had to use a gear puller and a hammer. I gooped it with antisieze and
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 120K Mile 6G74 - Mobil 1 or Shell Ultra? by hpb @ 11 minutes 42 seconds ago

Honestly, I doubt you'll see much improvement regardless of what you use. It's done near on 200,000km, any varnish is pretty well stuck there now. Is it really that bad, have you had the rocker covers off? You might be worrying somewhat unnecessarily
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: California to ban plastic bags by KDonkey @ 13 minutes 43 seconds ago

Wish there was a nationwide ban on disposable plastic items. Just this week a whale died, blocked a navigable river here, they found a dvd case in its stomach. I try to save and reuse plastic bags. I pick out the biodegradable ones and turn in the
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: California to ban plastic bags by PandaBear @ 17 minutes 0 seconds ago

I don't think it is a "ban" on all places, just retailers that are not selling food. You do get 5c for bring in each bag that is used, and you can still buy a paper bag for 10c. So far I am ok with that, except I have to be frugal about m
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BMW Thrust-Arm Bushing Replacement by The Critic @ 17 minutes 1 second ago

Thanks for your insight, KDonkey. Merk, aftermarket is no longer my first point of contact for most parts. The quality is simply inconsistent and/or the fitment is usually not up to my standard. I always try to go for OE from the dealer or get som
Jump to new posts Re: E60 BMW 528i Oil Pan Leak by KDonkey @ 21 minutes 55 seconds ago

As has been noted the installation torque is very low. I have found loose oil pan bolts on one of my BMW's.
Jump to new posts Re: BMW Thrust-Arm Bushing Replacement by KDonkey @ 30 minutes 5 seconds ago

My experiences on two BMW cars: 1. Replaced only the bushings. Regretted not changing the arms because 50,000 miles later the ball joints feel loose. 2. Replaced whole arms with Meyle parts made in Turkey. 20,000 miles later the steering feels lo
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Lubrizol CVT Additive System by The Critic @ 33 minutes 16 seconds ago

I found this product info sheet while doing some research on an upcoming CVT service for my mother's Altima. http://www.pathfind.com/_client/LUB013/documents/CVT10-Product-Sheet.pdf Interestingly enough, those pictures and information seem quite si
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for new car by 01_celica_gt @ 39 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: massparanoiaOriginally Posted By: virginoilOriginally Posted By: Rolla07The M1 is a great option. Run a couple shorter intervals and than go for the 7500 mile intervals. The vehicle is 18 years old ? Time to sober agai
Jump to new posts Re: Deeza Let Me Down by artbuc @ 41 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ET16I just replaced some Deeza rear sway bar links. I replaced them 35K miles ago, but I think they have been bad for 8-10K miles. Just noticed them when I had the wheels off for rotation. Did you install Deeza's 35k miles
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for new car by 01_celica_gt @ 46 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: massparanoiaJust picked up a 1996 Honda Civic EX. D16Y8 motor. 42000 miles. Thinking of using M1 0w30 in it for the factory recommended 7500 mile oci. What do you guys think? sounds like short tripped to me, I would do MaxLife
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: It's Augest in NJ? by Anduril @ 54 minutes 57 seconds ago

We're having a "cool" summer so far. Most days have been 95-99, compared to 105-110 last year. Who am I kidding, it's still hot!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: California to ban plastic bags by 901Memphis @ 55 minutes 5 seconds ago

Paper, plastic, fiber board... Everyone knows metal is the best bag material.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: California to ban plastic bags by 01_celica_gt @ 56 minutes 35 seconds ago

lol your doing too much, though I could understand the use of sturdy cloth bags that are promoted to be used at Trader Joe's around here. Paper just seems to flimsy to me but, that's just me.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts California to ban plastic bags by Merkava_4 @ Today at 02:12 AM

Suits me just fine; I hate those flimsy plastic bags. Before I get a chance to open my mouth and say I don't want the bag, they already have my items in there. I like shopping at Winco; over there you bag your own groceries and you have your choice o
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Basic push mower maintenance. by Merkava_4 @ Today at 02:02 AM

I save those black plastic frozen dinner trays for soaking the air filter in oil. You wanna get it completely drenched in oil before ringing it out.
Jump to new posts Re: I Don't Change My Oil by NMBurb02 @ Today at 02:02 AM

Any 50k UOA results yet?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: bosch premium filters. by NMBurb02 @ Today at 02:00 AM

After cutting two open this evening (will post in the next day or two), I am going to stay away until Purolator gets the tearing issue corrected.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Pulling a trailer in the fast lane by Anduril @ Today at 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: andrewgI'd have to say that around Los Angeles, the speed those knuckleheads drive is frightening. 5 mph at all hours of the day because they're stuck in traffic? :P
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Push Mowers won't start/run--advice? by Merkava_4 @ Today at 01:51 AM

These small engines all need four things to run: 1. Air 2. Fuel 3. Compression 4. Ignition Take away any of those four things and your engine won't run. Of those four things, the carburetor needs the most maintenance. Plan on rebuilding your car
Jump to new posts Re: Any sense in saving lower control arms ? by PandaBear @ Today at 01:48 AM

Have you seen any other owners with the same car ever able to replace the bushing separately? If not, chances are it is not worth saving the old arms.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 Silverado 1500 4wd ATF and diff fluids by NMBurb02 @ Today at 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: JeremyInMTThanks for the very helpful information, guys. As to the LIM gasket, I actually have a 02 grand am that suffered from this and it was highly irritating. I didn't realize the 02 5.3 V8 had the same issue? Please tell
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by NMBurb02 @ Today at 01:41 AM

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500, 5.3L V8, 141,654 miles Out: G-Oil Synthetic 5W-30, Fram TG3506 (5,845 miles in just under 5 months) In: G-Oil Synthetic 5W-30, Napa Gold FIL 1522 Will be getting a UOA to see about extending OCI to 7,500 miles.
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by Quattro Pete @ Today at 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: virginoil Has there been a divorce between the OP and Mobil 1 ? There appears to have been a divorce (or at least a temporary separation) between DustyBones and BITOG.
Page 1 of 246 1 2 3 ... 245 246 >