Recent Topics
carfax or other vin websites?
by 01_celica_gt
12/18/14 12:46 AM
Hardest I've laughed in awhile.
by Kuato
12/18/14 12:10 AM
OBESE Driver - Cause Driver Side TIRE WEAR?
by SumpChump
12/17/14 10:34 PM
Mixing: VIIs, PPDs, Waxes
by GMorg
12/17/14 08:31 PM
Found a USA made tool at AutoZone
by Merkava_4
12/17/14 08:23 PM
Found beater car....can't decide whether to buy
by Alltherage
12/17/14 07:03 PM
Anyone try "THE BEST Leather Restorer & Protector"
by Errtt
12/17/14 06:58 PM
Parking brake shoes
by ARB1977
12/17/14 06:54 PM
1997 Ford Explorer 4.0 sohc Castrol Edge 0w40
by jfug97
12/17/14 06:20 PM
2008 Trailblazer SS - second UOA with high Fe
by Fulton 1
12/17/14 05:58 PM
Valvoline Blue 15w40 - 11,410 miles - 2014 RAM HD
by Artem
12/17/14 05:49 PM
AW - Concentration or Total Amount Available?
by Peter_M
12/17/14 05:16 PM
Newest Members
vincejr, Julch, JKane, gg1, kosoku
52205 Registered Users
Who's Online
28 registered (87sammy, 01_celica_gt, 901Memphis, asand1, aa1986, 6 invisible), 509 Guests and 173 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52205 Members
66 Forums
223585 Topics
3544929 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: CARQUEST Red and Blue filters by Champion Labs by 901Memphis @ 1 minute 0 seconds ago

Yes it was meant to be internal, I didn't know this when I posted it. Jay is working on getting the approvals for it to go public again.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Are Ridgid power tools any good? by Trav @ 9 minutes 46 seconds ago

The tools i had used the lithium-ion battery. I had the pipe cutter and inspection scope not a drill or impact. When i bought it no one else was making a cordless pipe cutter and the scope was a big $$ item. I got 3 uses out of the batteries. The M
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: D ring hitch by asand1 @ 21 minutes 14 seconds ago

I had a large clevis mounted on a regular hitch to slide into my front and rear receivers.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Euro 0/5w40 and factory clean claims by aa1986 @ 30 minutes 1 second ago

Which Mobil synthetic did you use before?
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for triumph tiger 1050 by Giorgiz @ 30 minutes 28 seconds ago

decided to motul 300v . other tips gradation choose? 5w30 , 10w30 , 5W40 or 10W40 ? Triumph recommends 10w40 for this bike
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hostages being held in Sydney by aa1986 @ 35 minutes 10 seconds ago

Fear of terrorism is currently almost as high as after 9/11. This is a result of ISIS as well as a recent increase in the number of incidents of mentally unstable people who claim they are muslim. However, the actual risk to any individual in numeri
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hostages being held in Sydney by Ducman @ 54 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: aa1986Thanks Ducman. The internment of Japanese during WW2. George Takei aka Sulu from Star Trek, was one of them. Originally Posted By: WikipediaThe internment of Japanese Americans in the United States was the forced relocat
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hostages being held in Sydney by Ducman @ Today at 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: WinShannow, is there any movement or discussion to repealing your nations's ban on self defense weapons, or are you all just being asked to grin and bear these needless events? Heard on the radio n
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Euro 0/5w40 and factory clean claims by chrisri @ Today at 02:18 AM

Well, I did oil change on a wife's car a month ago with Shell Ultra 5w-40 and it already turned dark, so it appears it's cleaning very good. This engine was out of the car so I did pull the oil pan and there was no sludge or varnish. Mobil Synthetic
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: OBESE Driver - Cause Driver Side TIRE WEAR? by asand1 @ Today at 02:18 AM

Compressing the LF suspension would surely throw the camber and toe off, just as lowering the car would also. Unless Camrys have magical LCAs that change length with suspension travel.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hostages being held in Sydney by aa1986 @ Today at 02:12 AM

Thanks Ducman. The internment of Japanese during WW2. George Takei aka Sulu from Star Trek, was one of them. Originally Posted By: WikipediaThe internment of Japanese Americans in the United States was the forced relocation and incarceration during
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Add pack to meet GL-4 by chrisri @ Today at 02:10 AM

I agree but oil change was done by my friend because I was on a trip. What is worrying is that this specification he got from Auto Data and it was wrong. After we found various other wrong informations for various cars both for gearbox and engine oi
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: OBESE Driver - Cause Driver Side TIRE WEAR? by AdRock @ Today at 02:05 AM

The guy being 300lbs isn't causing the problem. There's something else wrong.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wheel Bearing Diagnosis by Merkava_4 @ Today at 01:52 AM

A bad wheel bearing will sound like large knobby tires going down the road. Come to think of it -- the guys driving with large knobby tires -- I wonder how they'd diagnose a bad wheel bearing.
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: AW - Concentration or Total Amount Available? by tudorart @ Today at 01:45 AM

Peter allow me a shot please. Here's how I see it If you have the smallest elemental unit for oil on the dS(smallest element of surface) at an instant unit of time dt your concentration is all that matters. The rate at which the AW is replenished o
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hostages being held in Sydney by Ducman @ Today at 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: aa1986Originally Posted By: NHHEMII don't understand you at all unless you are a Muslim and are just offended at any negative comments about them? YES, I do believe it is up to the Muslims to stop the other Muslims doing this or
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 equinox ac noise by hardcore302 @ Today at 01:38 AM

Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Wheel Bearing Diagnosis by The Critic @ Today at 01:30 AM

The only other thing you can do, is to check the runout of the hub assembly to see if it is within spec. This may/may not lead you anywhere, but it could be another way to confirm the issue. We replace quite a few hubs/bearing assemblies due to runou
Originally Posted By: Atesz792Or, you could say the difference is close to 25%. How does it sound when I put it that way? That's a very big difference. If one had an engine designed to run a 10w-40 grade oil and at the end of a race a UOA revealed
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Autozone Synthetic Clearance by HTSS_TR @ Today at 01:17 AM

My closest AZ has only standard oil +filter deals, no clearance of anything !
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Hardest I've laughed in awhile. by 01_celica_gt @ Today at 01:12 AM

LOLOL
Originally Posted By: AnalyzerOriginally Posted By: BusyLittleShopOriginally Posted By: Analyzer[quote=BusyLittleShop] The risk of increased wear is thouroughly documented in various books and manuals on the subject (hence the ones I previously used
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mann oil filters animation by GMBoy @ Today at 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: damanOriginally Posted By: GMBoyThanks for sharing. I like MANN filters and get them whenever I can from Rockauto. Haven't been able to find them in the regular auto parts stores near me. I think, and I may be wrong, that MANN i
Vehicles
Jump to new posts carfax or other vin websites? by 01_celica_gt @ Today at 12:46 AM

I have always used carfax for my vehicle history but it seems to be really pricy now, before it was 49.99 and unlimited vin number checks for 60 days, now it's only 5, and the vehicle I'm looking to buy is rare in the good condition that I'm looking
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Large SUV's by GMBoy @ Today at 12:44 AM

I work at the Arlington plant. We have been at MAXIMUM overtime since 2005. We even added a 3rd shift last year to help with the demand. Even with 3 shifts running 24/7 we are still working weekend overtime to keep up with sales.
Page 1 of 280 1 2 3 ... 279 280 >