Recent Topics
Schaeffer 711 10w30 Detroit 60 12.7
by TiredTrucker
24 minutes 8 seconds ago
2012 Mazdaspeed3 transaxle 36k OCI 75W80
by MD1032
28 minutes 5 seconds ago
Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico.
by mrsilv04
31 minutes 0 seconds ago
Guy with a cart full of Euro 5W40
by ledslinger
50 minutes 33 seconds ago
Ever wonder how the new Camaro is made?
by BobsArmory
58 minutes 11 seconds ago
Credit Card Reader 4 Smart Phone-Small Business
by crazyoildude
Today at 08:16 PM
talent doesn't pay like it used to.
by motor_oil_madman
Today at 07:46 PM
Disappointed with Accord after one Salt Exposure
by JHZR2
Today at 06:58 PM
Valvoline white bottle 2.99 at Menard's.
by jhellwig
Today at 06:47 PM
EZ Car Lift Review
by JHZR2
Today at 06:32 PM
What oil for a beater vehicle?
by car51
Today at 06:01 PM
Buying services for new vehicles?
by powayroger
Today at 05:44 PM
Newest Members
Compignite, pezman65, Wansu, DaleAZ, Nazmorgul
56846 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (87sammy, 901Memphis, 2165, 06Corolla, 01_celica_gt, anl0109, 14 invisible), 1180 Guests and 210 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56846 Members
66 Forums
244392 Topics
3979363 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: EZ Car Lift Review by benjamming @ 17 seconds ago

Thanks for writing this up. I had never considered a piece of equipment like this, but will certainly look it up. Hmm. $2k. Is that the typical price, i.e. buying direct from their website?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline V0-88, 5,000 miles, CUT OPEN by 901Memphis @ 4 minutes 8 seconds ago

We can assume when Purolator changed the lineup from classic and PureOne to Purolator, PurolatorOne, and Purolator Boss and changed the media+paint job it "should" be fixed now. Although I haven't seen any used filters cut open it woul
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Disappointed with Accord after one Salt Exposure by Yup @ 7 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Originally Posted By: horse123Just in case you didn't know, rotors will literally rust in 15 minutes if it's just raining outside in the summer. No salt or anything. No kidding. Note that I didn't say anything about roto
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl picks by Vern_in_IL @ 8 minutes 4 seconds ago

The announcers in the booth sounded ANGRY the entire game!! Acted like this was their last day before they get the boot!
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru 2011 Outback by Padawan @ 10 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223You are not supposed to use those cooling system tabs anymore just Subaru Blue Longlife coolant. There is little to no chance of have any issue with a 2011's HG. Do the water pump as well since it is all apart. The
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Schaeffer 711 10w30 Detroit 60 12.7 by Chris142 @ 13 minutes 38 seconds ago

Change the filters and run it
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl picks by gman2304 @ 13 minutes 41 seconds ago

Gone Panthers!
Jump to new posts Re: Disappointed with Accord after one Salt Exposure by Yup @ 13 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2We have had a warm winter. Just one big snow, and the car has only been exposed to salt once. I even oil sprayed the underside prior to first salt exposure. Imagine my disappointment when I saw this: Salt and corrosion
Jump to new posts Re: Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico. by dishdude @ 14 minutes 20 seconds ago

Nothing to do with the UAW, how do you compete with $5 a day wages in Mexico?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline V0-88, 5,000 miles, CUT OPEN by WellOiled @ 15 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisOriginally Posted By: WellOiledOriginally Posted By: 901MemphisIt's Purolator based on the date code formatting So not all Purolator made filters are bad? Some models made during the same time period tore so it's
Jump to new posts Re: Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico. by Vern_in_IL @ 17 minutes 28 seconds ago

Another plant? Like Mexico has so many already!!
Jump to new posts Re: Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico. by Trav @ 17 minutes 31 seconds ago

+1 The UAW has been raping the companies for decades now they raped the employees out of their jobs. They all got exactly what they ordered.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Struggling with 2003 Camry update by dishdude @ 18 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kschachnI'm telling you, this guy is making up every inch of this. He just wants to know what kind of maintenance he can do on his exhaust system!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: talent doesn't pay like it used to. by MinamiKotaro @ 18 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Chris142Ya I get it all the time. Do these people try to bargain the price down at the McDonald drive through too? I have been stuck behind more than one person doing exactly that at drive-throughs.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Small compressor advice + a story of stupidity by Trav @ 22 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Originally Posted By: TravThis little one will power a nailer with no problem 3.3 cfm @90 psi. Its an oil lubed pump also. http://www.amazon.com/Makita-MAC700-Big-Bore-Compressor/dp/B0001Q2VK0 I bought the dual tank vers
Jump to new posts Re: Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico. by zzyzzx @ 23 minutes 30 seconds ago

People seem to buying Mazda's and Nissan's made in Mexico. I blame the UAW
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: talent doesn't pay like it used to. by jsfalls @ 23 minutes 43 seconds ago

Being in the automotive field, I get people several times a week trying to get me to look at their car for free. I know people in other skilled trades that get the same thing. People these days feel that everyone owes them something for nothing.
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Schaeffer 711 10w30 Detroit 60 12.7 by TiredTrucker @ 24 minutes 56 seconds ago

Have primarily used Schaeffer 700 15w40 syn blend in this pre-egr, factory rebuilt Detroit 60 12.7L. Thru the prodding of my Schaeffer rep, I decided to try the 711 10w30 syn blend. Was a little leery with the engine getting close to 500K miles on
Gear & Transmission Used/Virgin Oil Analysis
Jump to new posts 2012 Mazdaspeed3 transaxle 36k OCI 75W80 by MD1032 @ 28 minutes 53 seconds ago

This 36k run was using Redline MTL. At the time I changed this, I actually refilled the trans with more MTL, but added 1 ounce of Ford Motorcraft XL-3 friction modifier (trying to eliminate the parking lot groan from the LSD...really annoying). This
Jump to new posts Re: Struggling with 2003 Camry update by kschachn @ 29 minutes 7 seconds ago

I'm telling you, this guy is making up every inch of this.
Jump to new posts Re: Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico. by bdcardinal @ 29 minutes 50 seconds ago

FWIW the build quality on my mom's 2014 Fusion built in Hermosillo is a lot higher than the build quality of my 2014 Mustang built in Flat Rock.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl picks by oldmaninsc @ 30 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleI expect Carolina to win one of the most one-sided Super Bowls ever played...probably over well before halftime. Hope you didn't put any money on that one!
Jump to new posts Re: Struggling with 2003 Camry update by dishdude @ 30 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: engineer20Was told by belle tire yesterday my left driver side front wheel bearing was bad, but i was told the passenger side was bad last year, so should I just replace both? It's impossible to have this many problems with on
Jump to new posts Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico. by mrsilv04 @ 31 minutes 48 seconds ago

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/07/ford-to-b...ountry-wsj.html "The move may heighten the debate over cheaper foreign labor. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Manufacturing labor costs in Mexico are approximately 1/5 of those in the Unit
Jump to new posts Re: Buying services for new vehicles? by Nate1979 @ 41 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadgerHow much do you have to pay for these services? Costco service is free for members.
Page 1 of 301 1 2 3 ... 300 301 >