by OldEuroCarLover
08/27/16 05:17 PM
out with the subaru and in with a new Fusion
by stygz
08/27/16 04:33 PM
Brand perception
by OldEuroCarLover
08/27/16 04:16 PM
Looking for a super economical car, accent ?
by sirgerman
08/27/16 04:00 PM
Cooling system hoses. Old but not brittle.
by Martin10
08/27/16 03:52 PM
CHEVRON DELO Reveals their line up of CK-4/FA-4
by Powerstroke
08/27/16 03:07 PM
New belt or new belt tensioner?
by Parlay_Slow
08/27/16 02:53 PM
PP 5w-30 Amazon subscribe and save
by buck91
08/27/16 01:52 PM
My parents took my nissan s13 silvia
by Nissan101
08/27/16 01:21 PM
New Hyundia Santa Cruz pickup with extendable bed
by gfh77665
08/27/16 01:12 PM
Pro Line PPL 14610 4,000 miles CUT OPEN
by car51
08/27/16 01:00 PM
STP S-10590 6,000 miles CUT OPEN
by car51
08/27/16 12:47 PM
Newest Members
therhett17, glldprimr, krankshaft, Tony_Rhed, greasemonkey1
58935 Registered Users
Who's Online
76 registered (andrewp1998, Astro14, Bandito440, 2cool, 4WD, AirgunSavant, 11 invisible), 1556 Guests and 35 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58935 Members
66 Forums
253635 Topics
4163723 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix 51223XP (BMW) by kschachn @ 4 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OldEuroCarLoverI've seen a few examples online of the OEM filters breaking or tearing. The first filter I removed from the car (MANN) was slightly twisted, but fully intact, when I lifted up the oil filter housing cap. What? Wh
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: My parents took my nissan s13 silvia by KrisZ @ 5 minutes 15 seconds ago

Sounds like they took THEIR car back. Good for them.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Wix 51223XP (BMW) by OldEuroCarLover @ 7 minutes 28 seconds ago

Is anyone using this filter in their BMW? I've been looking around to see if there's anything superior to the OEM BMW filters--MANN, Mahle, Hengst--and this one seems like it is. It's identical to the NAPA Platinum (these are made by Wix, right?) fi
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Cruise control going downhill by hpb @ 7 minutes 48 seconds ago

Must be a Northern Hemisphere thing, every diesel I've ever driven (lots!) has had great engine braking. Try a Mazda rotary or 2-stroke bike if you want to experience poor engine braking
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Best MT Fluid? by andrewp1998 @ 7 minutes 49 seconds ago

had honda mtf then switched to amsoil, seems a tad bit smoother
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: I love how people can't afford an oil change... by hpb @ 15 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: B320iTire prices: The current tire on my car is 205/60/R15; Pirelli Cinturato P1. $670 total - absolutely did not want "Nexen" tires on my car again after they were bald after 30,000km. If I had increased just the ri
Jump to new posts Re: Switching to HM Oil to fix consumption; Didnt work by andrewp1998 @ 16 minutes 3 seconds ago

My civic uses about 1 qrt every 3500 to 4k abouts
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a super economical car, accent ? by sirgerman @ 16 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: VuflanovskyI think any of the ones you listed would work if it's a money / value-driven low mileage solution. Personally, I'd get the used Accent over a similar Yaris or Echo if it's in good shape and checks out mechanically. Th
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody own a new Mazda 6? by Eddie @ 18 minutes 0 seconds ago

I much prefer how a Mazda drives and, how they handle because, I enjoy driving. I have raised my 3 children and now enjoy driving again in a drivers car. I don't want a Mom & Pop vehicle like a Camry or Malibu regardless of gadgets and other stu
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: '14 RAM 1500 ECODIESEL VM Motori L630DOHC by dustyroads @ 21 minutes 21 seconds ago

Nice job getting the voa and having it right there on the uoa sheet. Everything looks great...I would presume that you're going to keep using the Delvac 5W40?
Jump to new posts Re: How long do you let your oil drain? by faltic @ 21 minutes 48 seconds ago

Front tires on ramps let it drain until about 1 drop a second then was able to vacuum out 15 more oz thru the drain hole with an adapter I made for my brake bleeder. Honda calls for 4.4 qt fill with filter it took a 5 qt bottle and was half way to fu
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: STP S-10590 6,000 miles CUT OPEN by car51 @ 23 minutes 45 seconds ago

Gang: I was at autozone looking at the oil change specials and decided that I will just use some chevron supreme and a FRAM extra guard for my friends 99' bonneville
Jump to new posts Re: Painting rear of chrome bumpers by buck91 @ 25 minutes 38 seconds ago

Well, what I ended up doing was just spraying the backside down with Amsoil HDMP and once that dried brushing on a thick layer of Fluid film. I rubbed the fluid film into the chrome under the plastic step pad before reassembly, also. Not sure if I'
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New belt or new belt tensioner? by KingCake @ 26 minutes 20 seconds ago

Gatorback belt is a bandaid. No belt should make noise. Something is wrong. Tension or alignment.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: STP S-10590 6,000 miles CUT OPEN by car51 @ 26 minutes 47 seconds ago

Wemay: you are as well with the advances and articles on PCMO oils and other things good friend
Jump to new posts Re: Cooling system hoses. Old but not brittle. by KingCake @ 27 minutes 30 seconds ago

Today's hoses (OE hoses. OE hoses are still better made even if they're gates or dayco branded vs retail version) can easily last life of the car. Most people change them too often (to thinner inferior versions sold at autozone)
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a super economical car, accent ? by Vuflanovsky @ 28 minutes 12 seconds ago

I think any of the ones you listed would work if it's a money / value-driven low mileage solution. Personally, I'd get the used Accent over a similar Yaris or Echo if it's in good shape and checks out mechanically. That's mainly considering the commu
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a super economical car, accent ? by andrewp1998 @ 30 minutes 53 seconds ago

dumped a ton of $ into it after 100k but motor, clutch and tranny havent been touched, I can get at least 46 on highway at 60mph in summer.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a super economical car, accent ? by Mr Nice @ 32 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: skyactivA Honda Civic HX with a manual transmission. Yep, but those are very rare to find. I inherited a 2005 Civic LX coupe and it gets 43 MPG on highway with auto transmission.
Jump to new posts Re: Napa Syn 15w50 to replace BradPenn 20w50 in 454bbc by FlyNavyP3 @ 33 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdgeOriginally Posted By: Darren_LIMO, I'd stick with the Brad Penn. I agree ! This is a race motor.Your typical off-the shelf motor oils will not cut it,sorry folks. In this game,you want to play,you gotta want to pay,
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wife is livid by Mr Nice @ 34 minutes 20 seconds ago

Please post photos of damage.
Jump to new posts Re: New belt or new belt tensioner? by 2cool @ 34 minutes 21 seconds ago

If the tensioner is original, that would be what I'd replace.
Jump to new posts Re: Harder on engine, idling or restart? by dustyroads @ 39 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowStart-stop is harder on the engine (bearings) than idling would ever be. Every time you stop the engine, especially hen hot, the flywheel end main bearing sits down hard on the bottom shell of the last main, and the acce
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: What are you paying for fuel now? by Burk @ 42 minutes 45 seconds ago

2.11 gallon for 89 at shell here in Alabama
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Hyundia Santa Cruz pickup with extendable bed by faltic @ 43 minutes 35 seconds ago

I might buy one, been wishing someone would build something like this but price will tell.
Page 1 of 226 1 2 3 ... 225 226 >