by 97tbird
04/18/15 11:13 PM
Oil Stash, Formula Shell Syn/blend
by JHogan
04/18/15 10:51 PM
Bought a new Silverado
by Jim74
04/18/15 10:28 PM
Same restriction gauge for multiple vehicles?
by Klutch9
04/18/15 10:21 PM
Oil change tomorrow M1 0w40 vs Castrol 0w40
by Ndx
04/18/15 10:10 PM
Amazon Fire Phone....thoughts?
by gregk24
04/18/15 09:31 PM
low rolling resistance tires on 2012 Impala
by NJM1965
04/18/15 08:51 PM
Tire PSI FJ Cruiser - Load Range E
by Nick1994
04/18/15 08:44 PM
UOA in Australia
by tassie
04/18/15 07:45 PM
OPE fuel
by andyd
04/18/15 06:46 PM
Cooper Discoverer AT3
by BrianF
04/18/15 06:06 PM
Newest Members
kemtho, Tkonrr, Remy_Marten, tassie, sooberoo
53636 Registered Users
Who's Online
75 registered (00Max00, 97tbird, 2002_tdinut, 01_celica_gt, 8 invisible), 1298 Guests and 193 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53636 Members
66 Forums
229961 Topics
3679629 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Stash, Formula Shell Syn/blend by JHogan @ 2 minutes 15 seconds ago

its not dexos Spec'd for my turbo cruze, but it works in a honda a couple trucks and jeeps that are around.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Quick "?" on OEM NGK s.p. wires by mclasser @ 5 minutes 16 seconds ago

If the wires are on there nice and snug and the car runs fine, you should be all good. Were the Champion plugs from the factory? If so, I can't believe they went 220,000 miles. I had an 05 XD and I had to replace the factory Champions at 80K since
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Stash, Formula Shell Syn/blend by Dallas69 @ 5 minutes 29 seconds ago

This is very good oil. You have no need to look for any other sales for a few years in my opinion. That's if this is specd for your car.
Jump to new posts Oil filter in relation to oil pump.... by gregk24 @ 5 minutes 32 seconds ago

This may sound silly to many of you, but I don't have the automotive knowledge that many here do so here it goes....is the oil filter before or after the oil pump? Does it depend on the application? Thanks!
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Type Oil Drain Plug Gasket by Ducked @ 7 minutes 47 seconds ago

Dont forget, torque values are usually specified dry. This ensures the fastner will sieze/gall/corrode in place, which in turn ensures that it'll shear if you ever try to take it off. When torquing it up, did you make sure that the thread on the d
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Same restriction gauge for multiple vehicles? by Chris142 @ 9 minutes 55 seconds ago

I'd use it. Restriction is still restriction regardless of engine size
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Push mower not getting fuel by Merkava_4 @ 13 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PhilsSmallEngineIt isn't that model. You're right, it's this one: Link I Googled Murray 96114002902 and that mower at Walmart was the first result. Walmart was lying to me again!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Puro Synthetic failed ADBV.... by gregk24 @ 13 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: R80RSMan, there's a lot of undeserved hate directed at OP just for posting his observations of some oil filters on an oil filter forum. Doesn't matter to me if he had a camera with him or not. I'm able to read what he wrote an
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage by ARB1977 @ 15 minutes 24 seconds ago

I'm sure it's like any HM oil. There's never a wholly grail.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Stash, Formula Shell Syn/blend by Cristobal @ 16 minutes 55 seconds ago

Methinks that you have enough oil to last a decade at least, if it was spec'd for the vehicles you own.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Warstud @ 16 minutes 59 seconds ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG2mST2hseA&list=RDDG2mST2hseA
Jump to new posts Quick "?" on OEM NGK s.p. wires by 97tbird @ 19 minutes 7 seconds ago

Replaced my plugs (with OEM NGK) and wires (also OEM NGK blue) on the 2003 XD today. (This is my 1st time changing SPs/wires) Car had Hyundai wires (factory???) and Champion OEM plugs. (Car is almost at 220k miles) I think it went well. (need to
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Rock Auto Shipping Increases by wgtoys @ 25 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: John_DiggleRockauto has good prices for its auto parts. They often offer 5% discount codes as well. Would be even better if they would also offer free shipping once in a while. Amazon looses money every year, and one of the w
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire PSI FJ Cruiser - Load Range E by AZjeff @ 26 minutes 41 seconds ago

No, 1865/3195 = 58% x 80 psi = 46.6 psi. Add the 5 psi for highway and you're at 50-52. The psi makes sense, the tires are rated the same as what I have on my 2500HD Duramax. He could try 50 and see how he likes it. No idea where the formula cam
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Stash, Formula Shell Syn/blend by JHogan @ 28 minutes 40 seconds ago

They had to get rid of a bulk tank for some immediate construction, and couldn't at the time sell off the lot of oil fast enough, so they let employees who were interested take as much as they wanted until the tank was disposed of. I"m not sure
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Did They Change The Max Life Dex/Merc ATF Fluid ? by Dallas69 @ 31 minutes 44 seconds ago

My 1987 F150 calls for Dexron ,so would DexMerc be ok? Thanks
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Push mower not getting fuel by PhilsSmallEngine @ 33 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Is this the mower? It isn't that model. That engine is the 3.5hp Briggs classic flat head. The 500 series is the modern OHV engine that is often bolted to that same deck. It doesn't have the pulsa-prime carburetor, b
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Stash, Formula Shell Syn/blend by 01_celica_gt @ 34 minutes 29 seconds ago

how did they give it to you for free? but 230 quarts for free and I had no other oil in my stash? I would run that syn blend 5-7.5k OCI if I were you.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Help decide on a new 1/4 rachet. by bdcardinal @ 39 minutes 30 seconds ago

If you have anything like the Pomona Swap Meet near you, that is a great place to buy tools. There is a section where a bunch of tool truck drivers sell repo tools that you can exchange for new under warranty.
Jump to new posts Oil Stash, Formula Shell Syn/blend by JHogan @ 41 minutes 40 seconds ago

Ok ok. So Ive been working around cars for a long time but I'm new to the "Science" of the oils. I've always been a fan of SOPUS products as they've seemed to work very well. Anyway getting to the point at hand. I haven't heard much about f
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: (CUT OPEN) Pro Motive #3614, 4,989 miles 07' focus by car51 @ 43 minutes 36 seconds ago

This was on a friends car, not a customer vehicle also
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: (CUT OPEN) Pro Motive #3614, 4,989 miles 07' focus by car51 @ 44 minutes 13 seconds ago

Well, if it's made by Puro and supposedly good for a normal PCI, then it didn't make it jk_636. That's my honest opinion, just sayin. Find it funny people bash a "made in China" Driveworks, but how many spin on filters of those have we se
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire PSI FJ Cruiser - Load Range E by Nick1994 @ 46 minutes 48 seconds ago

Looking online the GVWR is 5,330 pounds. They are an 80 psi max tire and are capable of 3195 pounds each. So 35% max load per tire is 1865 pounds. So 35% of 80 psi is 28 psi? Sounds like way too low to me.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bought a new Silverado by crazyoildude @ 47 minutes 34 seconds ago

Nice truck good luck with it. The 4.3 is a good engine
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: CUT OPEN PZ-173 off of 2013 Taurus, unknown miles. by car51 @ 47 minutes 42 seconds ago

You are welcome KCJEEP
Page 1 of 295 1 2 3 ... 294 295 >