10/25/14 01:10 PM
calcium sulfonate quiz
by miro
10/25/14 12:50 PM
Newest Members
PhxAZ, Miramonte, Rotario, ignat, aahull
51695 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (Astro14, aquariuscsm, Apollo14, 901Memphis, bdcardinal, 8 invisible), 1579 Guests and 215 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51695 Members
64 Forums
221199 Topics
3497395 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow vs ice tire by edyvw @ 1 minute 19 seconds ago

What is snow and what is ice tire? Winter tires are made for both use. Blizzaks are advertised as winter tire, Michelin X Ice imply that they are ice tires. However, in tests Blizzaks proved to be better on ice. So, let's not confuse people. As long
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Triumph Herald by fdcg27 @ 1 minute 55 seconds ago

It would depend upon how you define "not too bad". If the paint is anything like as good as it looks in the photo (okay, it's probably an incorrect modern two part system), the prep labor hours alone would have been huge. Like I said, a lot
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Craftsman Tractor Doesn't Shut Off Immediately by mez @ 3 minutes 40 seconds ago

How do i fix dieseling?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: School shooting, near Seattle by Astro14 @ 10 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Apollo14Originally Posted By: MysticPeople are being murdered mainly by terrorists or by people with mental health issues. Plus there is the occasional serial murderer. These statements are totally at odds with readily availabl
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for 500 HP Olds 455 by Merkava_4 @ 10 minutes 42 seconds ago

Joe Gibbs Hot Rod Oil 15W-50
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha EF2000iS inverter Generator Oil Issue by boraticus @ 11 minutes 13 seconds ago

Been doing some research on the Yamaha EF2000is. Haven't come up with anything regarding oil consumption. However, I did find news that I find a bit disconcerting. If anyone is thinking about buying one of these, beware. It appears that some of
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: School shooting, near Seattle by Astro14 @ 11 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: youdontwannaknowif you guys know of any knife, axe, razor, shoe lace, etc..etc.. that can kill 15 people in 5 seconds I'd like to know... I don't know of a legal gun that can do that, either... Even the M-2 would be hard press
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rental car for cheap in boston, MA mid May by Shannow @ 14 minutes 37 seconds ago

I had to get the insurances...nothing Oz would cover them. When I dropped off the Maxima at SFO, there was a young guy walking past each of the counters, not waiting in queue, asking "what's your cheapest ?" Guy at Alamo said $27, but get
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Could this be the Royals year? by Boczech @ 14 minutes 59 seconds ago

Best month of the year !!!! Lets go GIANTS !!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Found Ultra 0w20...go for it? by Rand @ 15 minutes 8 seconds ago

they also have m1 0w20 EP which is composed of a generous % of PAO.. for all the group IV fans.. I wonder why this isnt more popular?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Rented a Camaro SS for the weekend by Apollo14 @ 15 minutes 58 seconds ago

Hertz has a reasonable try before you buy price for their used rental cars. I believe you get the rental cost back if you buy the vehicle.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow vs ice tire by leeharvey418 @ 16 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: LotIMost winter tires are not that great in slush because it's really just heavy water... Well, until you squish the water out of it and it turns to solid ice pretty quickly...
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: $20k dollar crew cab 4X4 by mikefxu @ 18 minutes 17 seconds ago

Out of curiosity, what is the actual purpose of this vehicle?
Jump to new posts Re: Liquid Moly by 901Memphis @ 18 minutes 29 seconds ago

I strongly prefer the Mobil 1 filter over any Wix and would buy them more often if I could get them with oil change specials, but I'm well stocked up on filters for now. I know that the Wix combos valve affects the ISO testing procedure but what I
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: OEM GM Tires. 2014 by leeharvey418 @ 18 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: used_0il And since when was $100 million a lot of money? It's not a lot when you spread it out over the ~16 million new vehicles sold in the US every year. And OEMs are going to bigger wheel diameters because of styling concern
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: New computer build by Rand @ 19 minutes 36 seconds ago

sounds like some kind of overclocking mode in the bios? also memtest+ has always been unstable in multi-threaded mode. it crashes on my i5-2500k and I was wondering about it.. but it also crashes on the work cadstation which is a double of my home
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Menards - QS full synthetic by mjk @ 19 minutes 47 seconds ago

Got a 16.00 check back for my windshield wiper blades. Between 3-4 weeks to process. When Menards does their own rebates, they are always on the ball..
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tough older guy shoots home invaders. by Apollo14 @ 20 minutes 58 seconds ago

^ I watched Lone Survivor last night and I thought those SEALS were tough!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Duratec 2.0 by pbm @ 25 minutes 31 seconds ago

I bought the Focus today. I had to go about 100 miles from home to find the M/T 5 door (hatchback). I drove home via country roads (avoiding the interstate) in order to vary the RPMs. I like the feel of the car...it had only 4 miles on it when I tes
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 AFE 0W20 - 5300 Miles - 2014 Mazda 6 by Shannow @ 25 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HKPoliceSheared out of grade probably due to DI high pressure fuel pump connected to cam shaft. Haven't seen how Mazda do their (petrol) DI. Got any pics of this cam mounted pump ?
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for 500 HP Olds 455 by pjc360 @ 26 minutes 11 seconds ago

Mobil 1 0w-40. I live in eastern idaho and although I don't have a 455 olds I do run a 320hp crate 360 magnum. I've seen the temps in the winter over here as low as 30 below. I just asked what oil I should be running and majority recommended a 0w-40.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend a tire shop in Houston by leeharvey418 @ 26 minutes 54 seconds ago

Fourth'd on the Discount Tire recommendation.
Jump to new posts Re: Craftsman Tractor Doesn't Shut Off Immediately by eljefino @ 27 minutes 50 seconds ago

Could be dieseling. Wonder if it's running lean, this can lead to both dieseling and the hard starting.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Ram EcoDiesel Questions by TiredTrucker @ 28 minutes 19 seconds ago

There are a lot of heavy diesels going to CGI blocks.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: does one need all 4 winter tires? by leeharvey418 @ 28 minutes 43 seconds ago

I learned all about vehicle dynamics one slushy morning in my 1970 Plymouth Duster on bald tires. So it wasn't body on frame... it was still a leaf sprung, solid rear axle, high torque car with next to no traction. All I can say is thank heaven I d
Page 1 of 257 1 2 3 ... 256 257 >