07/29/14 07:30 PM
Mobil1 ESP 5W30, 4,350mi VW Tiguan 2.0TSI
by edyvw
07/29/14 06:27 PM
Newest Members
sacamano, handy, amber, joenintiesc, jjs1235
50798 Registered Users
Who's Online
57 registered (Bandito440, bdcardinal, 123Saab, abycat, 29662, 901Memphis, 8 invisible), 1151 Guests and 219 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50798 Members
64 Forums
217016 Topics
3416863 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest beer consumption by Nick R @ 19 seconds ago

Had several (cough) Shock Top Belgian Whites last night. Not the best witbier, but very drinkable and relatively inexpensive. Still waiting for the local shop to get the allagash white I ordered in stock :\
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-Oxidants by expat @ 53 seconds ago

Is it used in Limited slip (posi) differential oil?
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: New Oil Change - 2005 Civic 9,694 Miles - M1 5W-20 by OneEyeJack @ 3 minutes 45 seconds ago

It would be interesting to see the result after switching back to paper.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change tommorow by Samf333 @ 4 minutes 44 seconds ago

so use my platinum
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts blown engine by meme6885 @ 6 minutes 59 seconds ago

Just found this on youtube, not really oil related but still interesting none the less 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Blown Engine
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: mobil1 blackstone by MolaKule @ 7 minutes 10 seconds ago

They reported the 100C (210F) viscosity in Saybolt Universal Seconds (SUS) instead of Kinematic Viscosity in CentiStokes (cSt). For example, the 0W30 SUS is 61.8 or about 11.5 cSt. http://www.spectro-oils.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Viscosity-c
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Vinyl and Rubber Protectant - Active Ingredients by qwertydude @ 11 minutes 10 seconds ago

As for seeing if Armor All causes damage. No it won't unless the plastic was already damaged to being with. If it were really so bad, that it caused damage like they said you'd definitely know it and they'd likely recall the stuff. Apply protectant
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-Oxidants by Quest @ 16 minutes 0 seconds ago

hypoid type of gear oil. Q.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best most afordable oil filter for my Prius? by DSparks @ 16 minutes 34 seconds ago

Ill even cut one open for the haters...got me a bunch..... http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=400748819893&alt=web
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change tommorow by abycat @ 17 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BluestreamOriginally Posted By: Samf333the guy from the engine factory said that it can blow out the tail pipe is this true? Blow it out your tailpipe?? Thats just crazy.. use syn too soon and thought I heard it al
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change tommorow by Bluestream @ 19 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Samf333the guy from the engine factory said that it can blow out the tail pipe is this true? Blow it out your tailpipe?? Thats just crazy..
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change tommorow by abycat @ 20 minutes 27 seconds ago

tell willy wonka to stay in his factory and blow it out his tailpipe. ha ha
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-Oxidants by abycat @ 22 minutes 4 seconds ago

I think gear oil for differentials and or transfer cases. When using a gear oil obviously not t cases that spec atf.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Maryland Fried Chicken. by 123Saab @ 24 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: urrlordThere is also a Maryland chicken recipe where the buttermilk marinated chicken is fried then smothered in gravy.IIRC old bay seasoning may be involved. There was also a chain of restaurants named Maryland Fried Chicken.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change tommorow by Samf333 @ 27 minutes 6 seconds ago

the guy from the engine factory said that it can blow out the tail pipe is this true?
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change tommorow by 29662 @ 27 minutes 25 seconds ago

It's o.k. to go ahead and use synthetic. The rings have seated as well as they're ever going to. Besides modern manufacturing techniques and metallurgy have relegated the break in with conventional to wives tale status. At least for factory engines
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change tommorow by abycat @ 28 minutes 5 seconds ago

Nothing. synthetic can be used from the get go. lots of vehicles come from the factory with syn.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: BMW ATF Lifetime by bimmerdriver @ 29 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SLO_TownOriginally Posted By: Quattro Pete How often do you change the manual trans fluid on this car? Well, understand, my 330Ci is my garage queen. It's never been driven in the rain or on wet roads, nor has it ever spent a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: anybody else afraid of the water? by qjohn @ 29 minutes 57 seconds ago

Chris142, your wife knows how much fun it is to swim and go to the water park; she wants to share that with you. You cannot change that. Anyone can learn, but it is slow going for adults, and anxiety is tough to overcome. I learned to swim when
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Champion Brands 5W-20 Synthetic Blend $2.46 qt by tenderloin @ 31 minutes 7 seconds ago

Champion 5W20 Specs
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosch 9614 or Champion 9812 iridium spark plugs by tommygunn @ 33 minutes 6 seconds ago

At least Bosch is the same heat range. Bosch 9614 is FR6LII330X Here is the Bosch chart
Jump to new posts Oil change tommorow by Samf333 @ 33 minutes 9 seconds ago

So i have a 03 ram 1500 with a 4.7 v8 that was put in 4500 miles ago the first 1500 where on the factory oil, then i put in GSGB for 3k and its time to change. i have a stash of Pennzoil platinum that i want to use but i have gotten advice that i sho
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best most afordable oil filter for my Prius? by DSparks @ 34 minutes 8 seconds ago

http://www.framcatalog.com/PartDetail.aspx?b=F&pn=PH4967 Couldnt add this in time...the 4967 ebay filters will work..are a super common filter and fits your application and are priced right..a few clicks and they show up at your door ...dont hav
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-Oxidants by Brybo86 @ 36 minutes 21 seconds ago

I'm going with gear oil used as differential fluid.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: BMW ATF Lifetime by bimmerdriver @ 36 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dparmLifetime means "warranty + 1 day". BMW does the same thing for many of its fluids. They call them "lifetime" or say that it's a "sealed unit". This is to avoid paying for fluid changes under t
Page 1 of 282 1 2 3 ... 281 282 >