click here for the Gumout GDI Q&A answers

Recent Topics
A Funny Memory - Old Friend's Auto Tranny
by Triton_330
20 minutes 13 seconds ago
Buick Century bad fuel pump?
by 901Memphis
Today at 02:14 AM
P4 and Syn power or PYB and VWB question.
by JHogan
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Check Engine Light P0700 Chevy Cobalt 2010
by Dimitri
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Unused Fram Ultra XG7317 cut open A50053 date code
by slacktide_bitog
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
5w30 In Honda V-Tech Engines From Dealer
by crazyoildude
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Lisle Coolant Funnel Kit
by user52165
Yesterday at 10:22 PM
New Horizons
by simple_gifts
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
Jeep Cherokee Love?
by Ramblejam
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
5000 miles or 6 month is typical oil change now ?
by MetalSlug
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
PAG oil shelf life
by SwedishRider
Yesterday at 09:19 PM
15 Diesel Cruze. How accurate is the dash mileage?
by Koz1
Yesterday at 08:32 PM
Newest Members
7124, MrMaz, mb32, laenikov, Tabnorup1976
54610 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (bruno, Bigdaddyeasy, bbhero, BlueOvalFitter, 3800Series, 901Memphis, 2 invisible), 567 Guests and 80 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54610 Members
66 Forums
233928 Topics
3758058 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Horizons by Rick in PA @ 10 minutes 35 seconds ago

September 24, 2005: "NewHorizons Rocket Bly". Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NewHorizons_Rocket_Bly.jpg#/media/File:NewHorizons_Rocket_Bly.jpg New Horizons: "New Horizons Transpare
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 0W20 oil change intervals? by The Critic @ 17 minutes 20 seconds ago

I used to change the 0w20 in the Prius about every 10k when I did mostly highway miles. The changes were done using either Toyota 0w20 or Mobil 1 0w20. During most changes, the drained oil would come out medium to dark brown. But by about 80k mark,
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 Quaker State defy now API SN too! by Bigdaddyeasy @ 20 minutes 44 seconds ago

Sopus knows what their doing most people just pick brand for what ever reason. Maybe their favorite race car driver is sponsored by it or their dad used it or any possible reason under the sun other than the actual facts about oil itself. Quaker stat
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts A Funny Memory - Old Friend's Auto Tranny by Triton_330 @ 21 minutes 11 seconds ago

I was just reading a thread here about whether or not it is beneficial to use Neutral in auto trannies at a stoplight, and it reminded me of something an old friend told me back in high school. So, this old friend of mine had bought a used Chevy S10
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buick Century bad fuel pump? by Olas @ 28 minutes 50 seconds ago

It's easier to pull a line off the fuel rail than it is to pull the whole pump out. JMO..
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2015 British Grand Prix by weasley @ 33 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bottom_FeederOriginally Posted By: PescaIt is not Martin Brundle for a while now. It is David Coulthard now, who is doing a decent job. Shows you what I know, since we get NBC here. The BBC use David Coulthard, Eddie Jordan
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 In Honda V-Tech Engines From Dealer by weasley @ 38 minutes 35 seconds ago

Over here 10W-40 was recommended for the B16A engine in the Civic and CRX. I used all sorts in mine though, the best was a 0W-30 prototype oil, but I also had good experience with a synthetic 5W-30.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: How Long Before One Gets Loose In The Stands? by bbhero @ 40 minutes 24 seconds ago

At Daytona and Talladega the only way to fix the potential danger to the fans is to eliminate the bottom 40 to 50 rows of stands. They could simply add these stands to the top of the main grandstand which would actually create more really good seats.
Jump to new posts Re: Buick Century bad fuel pump? by 901Memphis @ 54 minutes 55 seconds ago

Haven't checked spark yet, but i don't think the VATS is acting up, since i don't have any warning on the dash, as i've seen it before and know where to look. If it is the fuel pump by some miracle there is an access door! So i might actually be abl
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Unused Fram Ultra XG7317 cut open A50053 date code by Triton_330 @ 59 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nate1979Who smells their oil filter??? Hehhh... I do. The best BITOGers can tell you the brand of filter presented to them blindfolded, just by smelling inside the can. I'm not that good. Yet. But for real, some of the
Jump to new posts Re: Buick Century bad fuel pump? by Olas @ Today at 02:41 AM

Did you check for spark? Is there an alarm or immobiliser that might be acting out? To rule out the pump, you should hear it prime when you turn the ignition on. If the car is well insulated from noise or if you're deaf then pull a line off the fu
Jump to new posts Buick Century bad fuel pump? by 901Memphis @ Today at 02:14 AM

Having problems with the car in my signature. Car won't start . Drove fine all day, parked for 10 minutes and then I get the no start. The starter is cranking very good, plenty of power just not catching. I let it sit a few hours and it
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep Cherokee Love? by Dyusik @ Today at 02:05 AM

I towed+offroad/offroaded in the 100 degree and 10 degree weather and had 0 issues with the d30/d35 combo. Stock handling was just as good as any suv on the road. It took me places I could barely walk through with ease so someone needs to donate a so
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Update with Mobil 1 rebate with Walmart by ltslimjim @ Today at 02:01 AM

I hate to bring this up from the dead, but I submitted a WM receipt for the rebate over 6 weeks ago. The rebate site still lists it as "pending". I can't seem to find a way to contact them, either. EDIT: I tried using their mobiloil site
Jump to new posts Re: 5w30 In Honda V-Tech Engines From Dealer by david_ES2 @ Today at 01:54 AM

5w30 after 2001 was only for their high output engines, honda sadly doesnt make anything like that anymore, and no the new si is not one of them.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Terminator Genisys - Anyone seen it yet? by Xeno @ Today at 01:28 AM

It's below average, even compared to the last two.
Jump to new posts Re: S2000 - Will 9000 rpm and M1 0W30 AFE be ok? by HTSS_TR @ Today at 01:25 AM

Honda S2000 has very close and short gear ratio, my 2004 S2000 (AP2 with 8k redline) has the gear ratio: Primary-Gear-Reduction-1.208 (What-ever this is) 1st-gear-3.133 2nd-gear-2.045 3rd-gear-1.481 4th-gear-1.161 5th-gear-0.942 6th-gear-0.763 Revers
Jump to new posts Re: 14 Mustang GT trackpack.....oil recommendations by Coyote5_0 @ Today at 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: 3311If it's the same engine I would bet the same part# how would the factory know which viscosity? I thought the only difference is the additional cooling capacity which would not be at the block level. What I'm getting at is i
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: AC Delco E-Core filters. by GM4LIFE @ Today at 01:14 AM

Run the Fram Ultra XG 10575, the Amsoil EAO17 or the AC Delco PF63. The PF63 still exists I believe. I saw the PF63 at Walmart. GM has a bulletin out stating that you can run the longer PF63 with no issues if the PF48 is not available. My car c
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: lightweight wheels by surfstar @ Today at 01:01 AM

Constructive: lighter weight wheels for a road trip vehicle will NEVER save you more gas than they cost you! Freeing up rotating weight is helpful for changing speed - i.e. accelerating and braking. When you're cruising down the highway at a near co
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: $71,000 for a Pickup Truck !? by gfh77665 @ Today at 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuyNothing in this world justifies 50K for a bad-bad guzzling engine, transmission & differential, a frame and 4 wheels. Period. Someone simply WANTING one is all the "justification" ever needed.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to get a first dirtbike. by Shrubitup @ Today at 12:57 AM

I thought you were getting a TW200? The other bikes like a TTR230 or TTR250 or DRZ250 do not have kickers. Then say the KLX300 which does have a kicker doesn't have a button. A CRF250X or WR250F both have e-start and a kicker like many KTMs ($). I
Jump to new posts Re: Reality check on overtightening drain plugs by rationull @ Today at 12:40 AM

OK, guys -- multiple people are saying that 32 ft*lbs is too much, torquing to spec is the wrong thing to do at 32 ft*lbs, etc. The 32 is not a typo, it's listed in multiple places. This is a 17mm head drain bolt with a ~16mm thread. Even if the full
Jump to new posts Re: Reality check on overtightening drain plugs by rationull @ Today at 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim What do the crush washers for Subaru look like if I may? There's a good picture here: http://www.amazon.com/Subaru-Drain-Crush-Washer-Gaskets/dp/B00BR3HMEQ
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep Cherokee Love? by Nick1994 @ Today at 12:17 AM

It's fantastic off-road right out of the box. I've driven my grandfather's stock Cherokee down some tough trails with at least 1,000-2,000 miles driven out in the rough dirt roads. It's a tank and has been beaten out there, still has original suspens
Page 1 of 257 1 2 3 ... 256 257 >