Recommend hood struts?

Stabilus makes gas struts for a lot of OEM.
I sell to urethane boots and bellows to Stabilus. Their footprint in the automotive world is large for both OE and aftermarket. One thing I didn't know until I made a sales call at one of their factories is they make the mechanism for most office chairs in the world.

Last edited:
I sell to urethane boots and bellows to Stabilus. Their footprint in the automotive world is large for both OE and aftermarket. One thing I didn't know until I made a sales call at one of their factories is they make the mechanism for most office chairs in the world.

That's cool :cool:

Reactions: D60
Nice find! That same strut shows as $52.50 on my FirstCall account at O'Reilly and $55 retail -- and my store stocks it so it's not special order.

At $18 with a LT warranty I'd run to AZ!!
My browser might be blocking it but do you see a statement on AZ for lifetime warranty?

Years ago I bought Mighty Lift from them and they had a lifetime warranty at the time, but since then, they have dropped the warranty from LT to something like a year or two. Fortunately I saved the receipt (I mean I made a scan of it because disappearing thermal *ink*!) that reads lifetime warranty because I've needed it as proof of that warranty at the time of purchase, to replace them under warranty at least 4 times.

I just bought these on ebay for $18 shipped. Application is back glass of a GMT400 SUV.

They came as "Dromedary" and apparently that involves a..... camel? I think?

At the moment they work very well, although they were a bit longer than what was on there. Obviously can't speak to longevity

edit: maybe it's an emu or an ostrich??
20240503_174029.jpg

I just bought these on ebay for $18 shipped. Application is back glass of a GMT400 SUV.

At the moment they work very well, although they were a bit longer than what was on there. Obviously can't speak to longevity

edit: maybe it's an emu or an ostrich?? View attachment 217588
I think that products with ostrich logos tend to be very strong and durable

Reactions: D60

edit: maybe it's an emu or an ostrich?? View attachment 217588
You were correct, re: camel. A Dromedary (1 hump, Saharan/Arabic) is one of the two types of camel. The other is Bactrian (2 humps, Asian/Mongolian).

Join my TED talk later on for other random useless bits of trivial knowledge! Haha

Back