new tires daughter's car

OK. thanks! i learned a lot.

next question. wife's car needs tires. shall I ask here, or begin a new thread?

thanks bob
IF you haven’t bought tires already, then I recommend you take a look at the Nokian All weather Tires. The WR G4 SUV the best all season I’ve ever owned. I have them on the XC90, which is garaged in Boston, and on the V70XC which is down here.

Smooth and quiet on the road, good snow traction. They’re almost as good as dedicated snow tires. For your wife’s car, they make a couple options:

I know I said it before, but well done making sure that your daughter and your wife have a safe vehicle.

And this is why many men over 60 are divorced…

The old, bald ones get chucked in the dumpster in favor of newer models with “deeper tread”😱
I kind of often observe the opposite....George Costanza types with very young girlfriends. I assume they are well to do. Or they have great personalities but I feel it must be the former in most cases.

With the CC2's I did buy a used one, 9/32" for $87. Again, what I don't like with some of the newer Michelin tires is they state to disregard the B traction rating (CC2 has it). They claim the test is no longer valid since cars have ABS. I get that, but wouldn't I still want a tire with better traction, maybe AA or A (when comparing among the same mfg, not cross mfg)? Not saying I know more than they do, but some of it sounds like marketing where maybe the tire falls short and they need to spin, sorta like they did with the Premier LTX (they did the K&N thing where they said the tires were even better when worn and that blew up)

We have Firestone All Seasons on our Odyssey and they are good. They were on it when we bought it and are working just fine.
I found the receipt for them in the glove box and they currently have about 25,000 miles on them are wearing evenly and still have 8/32 of tread. They are quiet and smooth on the freeway and have decent traction in the rain. No complaints.

Sorry. I posted about the same time you did.
I don’t see any reason not to buy something other than Michelin.
I do. Michelin doesn't make a run flat, all season tire in 245/45 R18. My Mercedes doesn't come with a jack. I don't know if many BEV's do or not these days, but I see Michelin marked as "EV Ready".

Good tires, sleep easy. Fair price especially since you live in a high cost for everything area.
If you really want to step up your Dad game, lecture her on safe driving which is 7834532x more important than a tread pattern.

A little late to ask, Michelin is not a magic bullet.

$800 sounds expensive to me for 'middle of the road' tires. maybe $100 too much installed - not terrible.

Are those Destination LE? I had those on my truck they were O.K. General AltiMax RT43 used to be a favourite on the forum. I don't think she would notice.

Did you drive it after the install to make sure there was no wobble or pull? Takes a couple weeks to scrub in the new tread, they sometimes can feel "greasy" in the meantime.

Back