New LM 0W30/VW 504 00 offering

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Was at New German Performance in VA this week getting the Haldex AWD on my Sportwagen tuned. They are a big LM dealer so had lots of marketing/info materials around the waiting area. Noted that they are now offering a 0W30 Top Tech 4210 product which has the VW504 00 approval.

what's changed with your haldex?
Got the United Motorsport Gen 5 Haldex tune. Just increases the amount of power that can be transferred to the r. wheels. Stock setup is 50% of the stock power so for me, that was about 200 lb-ft of torque. Now it's closer to 350 but still only going to max out at ~100 so ~30% max. Now it can send 50%/175 ft-lbs. I did some logging last night and sure enough, it's applying more power than stock back there.

DId you do the OBD11 adaptation to change the % transfer of the haldex before this? I'm not sure I really notice much difference on mine unless there is some really bad traction but then again I'm not making your kind of power on a JB4. I did notice a big difference on a Unitronic DSG tune however.
Back on topic I'm not using a 30 weight oil in mine ever, all my german stuff gets 5/40 for life...

DId you do the OBD11 adaptation to change the % transfer of the haldex before this? I'm not sure I really notice much difference on mine unless there is some really bad traction but then again I'm not making your kind of power on a JB4. I did notice a big difference on a Unitronic DSG tune however.
Back on topic I'm not using a 30 weight oil in mine ever, all my german stuff gets 5/40 for life...
I don't think that the "increased traction" setting does a thing. See my post here:

Yeah I'm 5/40 4 lyfe too.

Good to see another 504 oil there are not a ton of them floating around.

The difference between Euro 30's and most current Euro 5w40's which trend on the thin side of 40 isn't much difference. I'm running VW 504 30 now but I hear you guys, something about 5w40 just seems right. I bought some more today in fact the new QS Euro 5w40 has been teasing me.

Good to see another 504 oil there are not a ton of them floating around.

The difference between Euro 30's and most current Euro 5w40's which trend on the thin side of 40 isn't much difference. I'm running VW 504 30 now but I hear you guys, something about 5w40 just seems right. I bought some more today in fact the new QS Euro 5w40 has been teasing me.
There is VW511.00 which is basically thicker VW504.00/507.00.

Yeah you have mentioned the 511 before, pretty intriguing but even less common than VW 504 from what I've seen. I'm still under warranty and can use either 502 or 504 so no need to get off the reservation just yet.

Yeah you have mentioned the 511 before, pretty intriguing but even less common than VW 504 from what I've seen. I'm still under warranty and can use either 502 or 504 so no need to get off the reservation just yet.
Motul 5W40 X-Clean Gen2 is 511, so is Mobil1 ESP 0W40 X3. I think they are rolling in. I would guess that VW511.00 is backward compatible with 502.00.

Does anyone have the content specs for Lqui moly top tec 4210 0w30?
Like calcium and moly?

thats what i meant! some people still thing that LMOLY contains MOLYBDENUM in all its products because of the name.only few of them do that today. i really dont think that 0-30 contains any moly.its more of a more calcium oil.but maybe i am wrong!

thats what i meant! some people still thing that LMOLY contains MOLYBDENUM in all its products because of the name.only few of them do that today. i really dont think that 0-30 contains any moly.its more of a more calcium oil.but maybe i am wrong!
Here my oil analysis. It shows it doese in the used oil, i never tested the fresh oil. Hence why i was asking.

Back