Diff oil to quiet diff whining

I am still going to try different oils. Like I said it only whines at a certain speed range, its not very loud, its just noticable. I am tired. I also bought a used diff from japan, that was untouched. It has all the original settings, original gearset, pinion shims, carrier bearing shims. I cleaned it out and it was doing almost the same thing, plus an additional whine at 35 to 40kmh. But it was very smooth. I checked the bearings and it looked great, yet there is whine. I did swap the pinion bearings for a new set, and re used the carrier bearings as they looked good. I have not retested that diff yet. But I still have a few more oil combinations to test. I am thinking of mixing a majority of 75W140 or 95W-140 with some 80W90 to bring the spec to about 80W-110 . Right now I have lucas 80W90 with some Liqui moly additive just added. I am gonna run it in a few full tanks of gas and see if the liqui moly helps. I will keep this thread updated if I find a combo that works.
It just hit me with the thought if you has the cars standard rear end rubber bushings or if they are replaced to some race nylon/polyurethane bushings ?

It just hit me with the thought if you has the cars standard rear end rubber bushings or if they are replaced to some race nylon/polyurethane bushings ?
I replaced it with a soft poly bushing. It is the softest I could get. It is somewhat compressible by hand.

Back